Hide hair transplant For 4 Months - Any Suggestions As To What To Do?

matin1991

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to get yet another transplant made around February 2019 in Asia.

Like the last time I had one done, I would not like anyone from home to know about the transplant. As I will travel after the transplant and be in another country - or other countries - until August 2019, that is 6 months after I’ll have the transplant done, it should not be the hardest problem to hide from my friends/family.

However, last time I had one done, I was also gone from my home country in around 6 months time, but I had a tough time hiding it in the end due to all the options we have with FaceTime, Skype etc. nowadays. I was literally was wearing a cap every time I had video calls, and after 3-4 months, friends/family end up getting rather suspicious (after 4 months I could comb the hair so that one couldn’t tell).

So question is:

How do I get away with traveling somewhere (advice are welcome) where I can tell my friends/family that video calls are simply not possible, but that we can only talk over audio?

What story can I tell that make such a scenario feasible?

Anyone who has been in the same situation and can share their experience?

I know it sounds far fetched, but in fact it’d be rather nice for me to get some time for myself where I can just enjoy doing what I want, and not be accountable to anyone for at least 4 months where you can see I had a transplant done on a video call :)

Matin

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do I get away with traveling somewhere (advice are welcome) where I can tell my friends/family that video calls are simply not possible, but that we can only talk over audio?

Camera is broken, you don't feel like talking through video, you're busy, wear a hat/cap.

Or... maybe just tell them the truth? Does it bother you that much to let them know you had a hair transplant?