Hi, new here. I Have some questions

taban

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.

Where do you buy your hair systems from? I liked MG FORD but is all lace bad to start with as beginner? How long does his hair systems last or is it better to buy from online retailer?

I thought I'd do all maintenance myself (cleaning, taping etc), do you think it's possible?

Thanks in advance

Btw, my hair is good as it is right now, but I'm experiencing breast enlargement on finasteride I suspect, so I will most likely stop it and I expect to lose a lot of hair as consequence.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't recommend any particular companies as my current UK supplier has been terrible since the pandemic hit and I am looking around. I've heard good thinks about MG Ford, though, and might try his company myself. As for lace, actually it IS a good base to start with - it's breathable, durable and realistic looking (I use Swiss lace myself and have been very happy with it), however supplies of lace are limited at the moment. You might be able to find some companies offering custom lace systems, though. If you want a stock system asap, you might need to look into other base types such as skin, mono, etc.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.

Where do you buy your hair systems from? I liked MG FORD but is all lace bad to start with as beginner? How long does his hair systems last or is it better to buy from online retailer?

I thought I'd do all maintenance myself (cleaning, taping etc), do you think it's possible?

Thanks in advance

Btw, my hair is good as it is right now, but I'm experiencing breast enlargement on finasteride I suspect, so I will most likely stop it and I expect to lose a lot of hair as consequence.
I would see a doctor or look into titrating downward. Who cares if you have slight breast enlargement when you have a full head of hair but it is your body and your choice.

taban

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would see a doctor or look into titrating downward. Who cares if you have slight breast enlargement when you have a full head of hair but it is your body and your choice.

Well of course slight isn't that big of a deal, but the slight might continue to grow and I might end up with something requiring surgery (and stopping finasteride). So basically I don't want breasts for maybe another year of hair if you know what I mean.

taban

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for lace, actually it IS a good base to start with - it's breathable, durable and realistic looking (I use Swiss lace myself and have been very happy with it), however supplies of lace are limited at the moment. You might be able to find some companies offering custom lace systems, though. If you want a stock system asap, you might need to look into other base types such as skin, mono, etc.
Are you doing all maintenance yourself with tape and glue? Any troubles? How long does it take to remove, clean and put back?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well of course slight isn't that big of a deal, but the slight might continue to grow and I might end up with something requiring surgery (and stopping finasteride). So basically I don't want breasts for maybe another year of hair if you know what I mean.
Even people on HRT usually struggle for breast growth that is noticeable under clothes so that's why I would be skeptical that finasteride/duta cause much breast development but everyone is different as they say but overall T actually increases for most people using reductase inhibitors so it is not clear what DHT reduction actually does related to breast growth.

Best,
Janey