Hi! My story, advice welcome please!

ArthurH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been using hair systems for five years now and prior to that I used hair fibres from the age of 22-28 to the point where there was more fibre than hair. I’ve looked at SMP as there’s a decent place in Crawley but I don’t have the finances at the moment and they don’t yet offer finance options (credit cards aren’t an option for now either). For five years I’ve relied on systems from Aspiration Hair near London Bridge and used them for the start of my hair system “journey”. I don’t intend to take anything away from their services but I noticed a decline in quality of the systems, colour doesn’t last as long and generally very thick systems and take a week to settle properly after a fitting. The hair knotted and the hairline warped on my current one after four months. I found I was rarely happy with the systems apart from that they could last a year. Even had a system fitted back to front amongst other issues. Getting appointments became harder too.

Since covid I learnt to remove and clean the system myself and put it back on correctly. My current system is provided by them and I have roughly two months left as there’s a few patches of lace showing through.

In my first year I paid £1800 for 12 regrooms and two systems and similar a year or so later and similar again- I’m hoping there’s a cheaper way now I can do regrooms myself! I’m after a bit of advice- I live in West Sussex and there doesn’t seem many places about but what I’m after is someone to provide, fit and style a new system that’ll last a year for a decent price! I’ve read a few threads on the forum and there’s a lot to take in.

Thanks everyone!!

ArthurH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I tend to do a skin-fade as my sides and back have diffuse thinning so as long as the system is dark brown-black I can usually blend the system colour with my own well. I’m after a medium density lace one similar to the ones used by Aspiration hair but without the price tag. Thanks!