Hi, I'm Neveen - 20+ years of toppers and wigs, and I blog about all of it

Neveen

New Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone.

Brand new here, so go easy on me.

I'm Neveen, 43, and I have androgenic alopecia. I've worn hair toppers and wigs for over twenty years, and in the last five years alone I've gone through at least 16 toppers (not my proudest number, but here we are).

Then in July I shaved my head.

So right now I'm growing everything back from zero, and my hair grows slowly. Watching-paint-dry slowly. I've also got seb derm on my scalp, which used to hide under my topper and now has absolutley nowhere to go.

I write about all of it on my blog, The Neveen Edit. It started as a beauty blog and the hair loss side sort of took over, because it's the stuff I wish someone had written down for me years ago. I'm figuring it out as I go, so the blog is basically me writing up what happens when I try something on my own head, from fibres to an LED helmet I've been wearing for a couple of months now.

Will the helmet actually do anything long term? Honestly, no idea yet. Ask me in six months!!

The blog's here if you want a nose around: neveenwood.com

If anyone else is growing back after a shave, please tell me it gets less slow.
 

Yar

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
787
Hi everyone.

Brand new here, so go easy on me.

I'm Neveen, 43, and I have androgenic alopecia. I've worn hair toppers and wigs for over twenty years, and in the last five years alone I've gone through at least 16 toppers (not my proudest number, but here we are).

Then in July I shaved my head.

So right now I'm growing everything back from zero, and my hair grows slowly. Watching-paint-dry slowly. I've also got seb derm on my scalp, which used to hide under my topper and now has absolutley nowhere to go.

I write about all of it on my blog, The Neveen Edit. It started as a beauty blog and the hair loss side sort of took over, because it's the stuff I wish someone had written down for me years ago. I'm figuring it out as I go, so the blog is basically me writing up what happens when I try something on my own head, from fibres to an LED helmet I've been wearing for a couple of months now.

Will the helmet actually do anything long term? Honestly, no idea yet. Ask me in six months!!

The blog's here if you want a nose around: neveenwood.com

If anyone else is growing back after a shave, please tell me it gets less slow.
Hello! I have read your message. I would like to ask you a personal question: are your periods regular? And do you have them?
 

Neveen

New Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0
Hello! I have read your message. I would like to ask you a personal question: are your periods regular? And do you have them?
They are irregular but I also have uterine polyps which tends to make them very irregular.
 

Yar

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
787
Hi everyone.

Brand new here, so go easy on me.

I'm Neveen, 43, and I have androgenic alopecia. I've worn hair toppers and wigs for over twenty years, and in the last five years alone I've gone through at least 16 toppers (not my proudest number, but here we are).

Then in July I shaved my head.

So right now I'm growing everything back from zero, and my hair grows slowly. Watching-paint-dry slowly. I've also got seb derm on my scalp, which used to hide under my topper and now has absolutley nowhere to go.

I write about all of it on my blog, The Neveen Edit. It started as a beauty blog and the hair loss side sort of took over, because it's the stuff I wish someone had written down for me years ago. I'm figuring it out as I go, so the blog is basically me writing up what happens when I try something on my own head, from fibres to an LED helmet I've been wearing for a couple of months now.

Will the helmet actually do anything long term? Honestly, no idea yet. Ask me in six months!!

The blog's here if you want a nose around: neveenwood.com

If anyone else is growing back after a shave, please tell me it gets less slow.
They are irregular but I also have uterine polyps which tends to make them very irregular.
The absence of regular periods and the presence of a polyp are all linked to the health of your own hair. Have you visited a medical facility to have the polyp removed?
 

Neveen

New Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0
The absence of regular periods and the presence of a polyp are all linked to the health of your own hair. Have you visited a medical facility to have the polyp removed?
GP who is keeping an eye on it says there is no need to remove it just to keep an eye on it etc. Though my hair loss began long before they grew whenI was only in my teens. I'm sure it probably made it worse! I'm trying oral minoxidil right now and red light.
 

Yar

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
787
GP who is keeping an eye on it says there is no need to remove it just to keep an eye on it etc. Though my hair loss began long before they grew whenI was only in my teens. I'm sure it probably made it worse! I'm trying oral minoxidil right now and red light.
How is your sleep at night? Do you wake up often during the night? Have you taken oral progesterone to regulate your cycle?
 
Top