hi ....concerned newbie

Ghostdriver666

Reaction score
hi folks,
just a quick question... i am just starting taking Propecia and using Regaine foam, but after reading through a recent post someone commented that doing both at the start of treatment can totally f*ck your hair. Can I use both simultaneously or not ?

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have not done your proper research and are looking for quick answer. Look at these forums in more detail. Starting the two products at the same time simply means that you will have no idea which one is effective (if at all) as one could actually be doing nothing for you. I you are sure that you want to use a treatment, I highly suggest using finasteride for 18 months and then assessing whether you want to add minoxidil for some added growth.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Johnny24601 said:
You have not done your proper research and are looking for quick answer. Look at these forums in more detail. Starting the two products at the same time simply means that you will have no idea which one is effective (if at all) as one could actually be doing nothing for you. I you are sure that you want to use a treatment, I highly suggest using finasteride for 18 months and then assessing whether you want to add minoxidil for some added growth.
This is the textbook way maybe, but there's no way I'd wait 18 months on finasteride just to see if it works or not. I would get on both as soon as possible, and maybe if I was worried about shedding like crazy I would start finasteride 3 weeks to a month and a half before the Regaine.

18 months for some could be the difference between barely noticeable hairloss and clearly visible hairloss.