hgh....grows hair?????

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Just watching tv today and saw an infomercial for hgh, some sort of drug,vitamin, either one they were a bit unclear, but all the men in the add boasted how they had grown their hair back, It was being sold as a product to reverse aging andpromote vitality and among many other things grow hair.....anyone ever heard of this....It is usually given in shot form to those who can afford it but now it comes in a handy little pill...most likely bullshit but was just wondering if anyone else saw this commercial...or if there is any science behind it.....

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Never seen it, but remember there are always infomercials for this type of garbage. Odds are, you get what pay for.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
What you're referring to is human growth hormones, I haven't heard of it been used for hair regrowth, but I know that body builders use it for training sessions. It isn't something that would be good to take over years and years of use. I've heard that it reduces wrinklesbut again I don't know about the hairloss part

Robuk

Reaction score
Yes HGH has been claimed to grow hair, thats why some people take large amounts of argenine or a product called colostrum as its supposed to aid or supplement HGH release.
Rob

G

Injected recombinant HGH did grow hair and return pigment to the hair in the original Rudman experiments. Don't know if that has been replicated in later experiments.

Keep in mind that:

The Rudman subjects were aged and there is no study that I know of that deals with HGH in younger men with male pattern baldness hair loss.

The studies are done on folks being injected with true engineered HGH. This is very different from the HGH stimulators, which I beleive are generally ineffective.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
strange i got an e-mail about this from some spammer...

matgallis:
Supreme F0rmula HGH_________Take 2o Years 0ff Your Aqe

L0oK AT THESE AMAZING TEST RESU1TS!

¡£¡££®B0dy Fat Loss __________ 82% lmpr0vement
¡££®£®Wr1nkle Reduction ___________ 61% impr0vement
¡££®¡£Energy Leve1 ____________ 84% lmprovement
£®£®£®Musc1e Strength -------- 88% 1mpr0vement
£®£®¡£Sexua1 Potency --------- 75% improvement
£®¡£¡£Em0tional Stabi1ity ---------- 67% lmpr0vement
£®¡££®Memory ----------- 62% 1mpr0vement

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
It's true that HGH can be beneficial to an aged person in the short term. Those kind of results are seen in people around 60 years of age and receiving HGH injections, which is wildly expensive($60 a shot X 3-4 times a week). Unless it's necessary to take HGH, daily use of it isn't recommended, just like taking steroids it can shut your bodys own supply off. Must products on the net claim to release your bodys own natural supply, but be carefull like any other heatlh product it has it's own snake oil merchants aswell, products that do nothing for you most likely a spammer like that.

Jack

hollas

Reaction score
Robuk said:
Yes HGH has been claimed to grow hair, thats why some people take large amounts of argenine or a product called colostrum as its supposed to aid or supplement HGH release.
Rob

What's colostrum?!?

Thanks... :wink:

G

Matgallis said:

matgallis:

Can you say, "snake oil"?????

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Matgallis said:

matgallis:

Can you say, "snake oil"?????
Se-nackee oiillll

Redbone

Reaction score
Thats not real HGH its a pill that supposedly raises your HGH production. Real HGH is dangerous and very expensive like $1200/ mo

It does grow hair but your jaw, forhead and hands also grow, I know several and have know several body builders that had neanderthal like features, this included chicks to. If you do not want to permanently disfigure your face dont mess with this stuff.

It was never extremely popular in the bodybuilding world becasue it was to damn expensive for the average bodybuilder. To the few elite that could afford it, it did wonders for their size and thickness.

Tom Platz and Bev Francis supposedly used large doses of this stuff and judging from the photos I'd agree.

G

I second Redbone's advice. Exogenous HGH is really for much older folks who have little or none of their own in self production.

Needs very careful monitoring by a trained MD.

The oral supps are useless.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Colostrum-A thin white opalescent fluid, the first milk secreted at the termination of pregnancy; it differs from the milk secreted later by containing more lactalbumin and lactoprotien.-Stedman's medical dictionary. Translation- Human breast milk. Drink up! :lol: