Hey Propecia Is A f*****g Joke Mmmkay

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try 0.5 dutasteride and 100 mg spironolactone. Finasteride won't stop retrograde alopecia.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Guys, guys, it's not propecia's fault! We are non-responders!

My theory is that Propecia never really works - as we know hair loss is "unpredictable," so it is neigh impossible to determine that lowered DHT necessarily halted or slowed hair loss. Very likely was going to slow or halt (for awhile) anyway.

But all I know and care about is it doesn't do sh*t for me. Don't let me catch anyone posting another (whiny, Amy Schumer/Steve Urkel voice) "should I take Propecia, I'm scaaaaaaared..." thread. Quit crying over a f*****g sugar pill.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't get a script for duta. Doesn't spironolactone cause feminization?
On 100 mg/d feminizing effects are very mild, from my personal experience: modest fat redistribution and skin improvement. Sexual side effects are obviously worse than from finasteride (if they exist at all), but they disapper after stopping.

The doses 200-300 mg/d can stop Testosterone production and therefore may led to testicular atrophy in the future. Wouldn't recommend.

Last edited:

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride 5 years and lose at least 40 hairs a day. Some miniaturized too. My hair looks exactly like baseline though. The mini hairs come from the mini hair that never recovered with finasteride I guess.

People with lighter colored hair tend to have higher density, sometimes very significantly. They naturally shed more because of this (making comparisons of how much hair you shed with other people meaningless)..

It took me about three years on finasteride before I finally convinced myself that my hair wasn't falling out anymore...

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the definition of retrograde alopecia?
Retrograde alopecia that's when DHT affects not only the top of the head, but also the whole donor area. Cause it's also androgenetic, thinning should stop when androgen stimulation is significantly reduced.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys complaining about losing 40 hairs a day while i lose 30 before 9 am.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
On 100 mg/d feminizing effects are very mild, from my personal experience: modest fat redistribution and skin improvement. Sexual side effects are obviously worse than from finasteride (if they exists at all), but they disapper after stopping.

The doses 200-300 mg/d can stop Testosterone production and, therefore may led to testicular atrophy in the future. Wouldn't recommend.
Where are you obtaining it?

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really unpredictable,i dont take any meds,no minoxidil,just nizoral from time to time and my hairloss is now stabilized for like 2,5 years,only God knows why is that.

shookwun

Reaction score
It is really unpredictable,i dont take any meds,no minoxidil,just nizoral from time to time and my hairloss is now stabilized for like 2,5 years,only God knows why is that.

hx0S7og.jpg

g.i joey

Reaction score
Been on finasteride 5 years and lose at least 40 hairs a day. Some miniaturized too. My hair looks exactly like baseline though. The mini hairs come from the mini hair that never recovered with finasteride I guess.

People with lighter colored hair tend to have higher density, sometimes very significantly. They naturally shed more because of this (making comparisons of how much hair you shed with other people meaningless)..

It took me about three years on finasteride before I finally convinced myself that my hair wasn't falling out anymore...

I hope this is my case... but I think my forelock is still thinning out after a year and almost 2 months