Hey, New here..need advice

TJ2002

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here and I need some advice. I'm currently 19(nearly 20) years old. I haven't started losing my hair but my hair is thin. I want to take a pro-active approach and start fighting this now. I've been researching lately and it seems that the way to go would be propecia and nizoral shampoo. Is this correct? Where can I purchase Nizoral from?

Thanks for all the responses. You guys don't know How much I'm worrying about my hair. I hate to admit it but I'm incredibly vain. Probably because of my looks. Sometimes I feel it's a curse and that maybe if I was just avg looking or even bad looking I wouldn't care so much. I'm pretty confident that a cure will be found soon and I know that treatments are more effective and that some wigs and hairpieces look great, but still I worry.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Firstly, either youre losing it or you're not. If your hair is becoming thinner, then you ARE losing it. If it isnt becoming thinner, but is simply thin, then it would be foolish to start male pattern baldness treatments.

Its a curse that you're beautiful? Oh please. Just because you have farther to fall doesnt mean it would be any worse for you to lack self confidence than anybody else. Find some self worth for something that you actually are inside, not for your physical appearance. Whether you lose your hair or not, this will make you a better person.

There is not going to be a cure for hairloss anytime soon. There may be better treatments out in 5+ years, but then again, maybe not. I'm guessing we wont see an actuall 'cure' for at least 10-20 years. The closest we will come in the meantime is cloned follicle transplants.

TJ2002

Reaction score
Yea

like I said, I hate the fact that I'm really vain, but I can't help it. Everyone's different.

My dad is bald,his dad was bald, my moms dad was bald. I'm going to lose my hair. I've had thin hair for a while now and I know that I could start losing it sometime in the future. I want to maintain what I currently have. My dad had thin hair his entire life and then he started to lose it at age 38 or so. Maybe even earlier.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The irony of vanity is that its actually a rather ugly trait to someone with emotional depth and maturity. Really, we're all somewhat vain here, but most of us not so entierly. I would never want to date a girl who placed her entire self worth on her apperance. It just shows how unaware and unexpereinced you are.

As I said, if your hair isnt thinning, but just thin, it would be foolish to start treatment now.

TJ2002

Reaction score
Ok...

I hate the fact that I'm so concerned about my appearance but it's just a trait of mine. Just because somebody's vain it doesn't mean that they're a bad person. For example, I'm as clean cut as it gets. I totally abstain from alcohol,drugs,smoking,etc. I always had the guts to say no to what otehrs my age do. I had perfect attendance in high school. I'm maintaning a 3.4 GPA in college. I'm a good person, vanity is just a bad trait that I have. No one's perfect.