Hey, Guys, My Doctor Prescribed Me Finasteride, But Im Not Sure If To Take It Before Minoxidil

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically i have very high testosterone, feel great and energetic, seen doctor the first time today, she said the type of behavior you have and your psychotype very much correlates with your hormones bloodwork, but you she said you gotta realize your general T levels will drop on finasteride, and more likely it will affect energy and positivity levels. Some dont get any sides and feel absolutely the same, but some are faced with that decision if to continue being in different mood and havng lower energy.

She said i can start off with topical finasteride and minoxidil or just minoxidil, but im not sure, since minoxidil has its own sides that are pure gamble plus topical finasteride also permeates into blood stream and can cause same sides as oral one.

I feel like i should try to gamble propecia for a while and see how it plays out, if i get sides, drop it and switch to minoxidil praying everything goes smoothly, if not then have to prepare to wear a hair piece for the rest of my life?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro doctor no strictly nothing about finasteride.
Your serum DHT and sensitivity of the receptor will determine the side you will get with fina/duta, but not the result.
This is a fcking lottery
And high serum Test is a good thing. fina increase test by 13% and it will convert to oestradiol.
Try it and you will see , for some there is no side and great result man

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro doctor no strictly nothing about finasteride.
Your serum DHT and sensitivity of the receptor will determine the side you will get with fina/duta, but not the result.
This is a fcking lottery
And high serum Test is a good thing. fina increase test by 13% and it will convert to oestradiol.
Try it and you will see , for some there is no side and great result man
man, in my city, they dont do DHT blood work, they dont have reactives. so she said, they analyze how finasteride affects ur DHT by looking at ur general free test. isnt it bullshit? finasteride not necesserily has to reduce ur test levels, or does it? it only supposed to affect converting of DHT process.
also, what hormonal blood indicators i shud take before starting course? which hormone affects potential gyno? estradiol?
she said i will probably much less energetic and positive when me test will drop. right now my free test is higher than norm, 9.20ng/ml

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, in my city, they dont do DHT blood work, they dont have reactives. so she said, they analyze how finasteride affects ur DHT by looking at ur general free test. isnt it bullshit? finasteride not necesserily has to reduce ur test levels, or does it? it only supposed to affect converting of DHT process.
also, what hormonal blood indicators i shud take before starting course? which hormone affects potential gyno? estradiol?
she said i will probably much less energetic and positive when me test will drop. right now my free test is higher than norm, 9.20ng/ml

finasteride doesn't reduce test levels. Like the guy above me said it actually increase them. Only thing it does is decrease your DHT. Now DHT might have an affect on your general mood but it's mostly testosterone that gives me that feeling of confidence and energetic well-being tbh.

But ultimately everything in life comes down to making balanced decisions. So, what's more important to you? Keeping your hair or facing the small possibility of a small decrease in energy and libio? You hair will fly off the coming years and since you're already here that means you're not quite happy with that. Now imagine what your feeling of well-being and energy will be with a bald head?

I can only speak from my own experience. I went trough acute opiate detox two years back, widely regarded as one of the most horrible things in life you can suffer through, both physically and mentally. But I'd rather go trough a year-long heroin withdrawal than lose my f*****g hair. So for me it was an easy decision.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride doesn't reduce test levels. Like the guy above me said it actually increase them. Only thing it does is decrease your DHT. Now DHT might have an affect on your general mood but it's mostly testosterone that gives me that feeling of confidence and energetic well-being tbh.

But ultimately everything in life comes down to making balanced decisions. So, what's more important to you? Keeping your hair or facing the small possibility of a small decrease in energy and libio? You hair will fly off the coming years and since you're already here that means you're not quite happy with that. Now imagine what your feeling of well-being and energy will be with a bald head?

I can only speak from my own experience. I went trough acute opiate detox two years back, widely regarded as one of the most horrible things in life you can suffer through, both physically and mentally. But I'd rather go trough a year-long heroin withdrawal than lose my f*****g hair. So for me it was an easy decision.
u mean finasteride poisoned ur system?

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u mean finasteride poisoned ur system?

No, I mean that I rather face the small possibility of sides than the certainty of losing my hair. Losing my hair is the most horrible thing I ever went through, worse than going trough detox, worse than my gf dumping me, worse than everything so far in my life tbh, so I made the decision to hop on finasteride as fast as possible

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I mean that I rather face the small possibility of sides than the certainty of losing my hair. Losing my hair is the most horrible thing I ever went through, worse than going trough detox, worse than my gf dumping me, worse than everything so far in my life tbh, so I made the decision to hop on finasteride as fast as possible
how r u doing right now, brah? hows sides?

tbh man i completely subscribe to ur ideology, because ur looks dont just affects romance, they affects ur whole social and professional life, if u bald with ugly features and sh*t skull shape u will be miserable everywhere and anywhere

need to order propecia asap tbh

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how r u doing right now, brah? hows sides?

tbh man i completely subscribe to ur ideology, because ur looks dont just affects romance, they affects ur whole social and professional life, if u bald with ugly features and sh*t skull shape u will be miserable everywhere and anywhere

need to order propecia asap tbh

I started a while back but I quit because I psyched myself out. Didn't notice any side effects and my hair thickened in a short time. Then I started using minoxidil + dermaroller instead, which was great for regrowth but didn't help the thinning, so it's silly to rejoice when you notice some vellus hairs regrowing will your hair is still slowly receding. Now I bit the bullet and ordered it again. It's finasteride or death. For me, nothing else works to keep my hair intact.
Now my plan is to hop on finasteride so that it keeps my remaning hair intact and thickens it, then use minxodil and dermaroller for regrowth to restore my hairline back to NW1

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started a while back but I quit because I psyched myself out. Didn't notice any side effects and my hair thickened in a short time. Then I started using minoxidil + dermaroller instead, which was great for regrowth but didn't help the thinning, so it's silly to rejoice when you notice some vellus hairs regrowing will your hair is still slowly receding. Now I bit the bullet and ordered it again. It's finasteride or death. For me, nothing else works to keep my hair intact.
Now my plan is to hop on finasteride so that it keeps my remaning hair intact and thickens it, then use minxodil and dermaroller for regrowth to restore my hairline back to NW1
lmao, i didnt get it, why did u quit finasteride?

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao, i didnt get it, why did u quit finasteride?

Because I was reading too much scare-mongering sh*t on forums so, while I wasn't suffering from side effects before, once I started to read too much into it I tricked myself into believing I was, so I quit. Stupidest thing I've done since time is the most crucial. The faster you hop on the better.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I was reading too much scare-mongering sh*t on forums so, while I wasn't suffering from side effects before, once I started to read too much into it I tricked myself into believing I was, so I quit. Stupidest thing I've done since time is the most crucial. The faster you hop on the better.
what brand did u order