Hey guys I'm 22 and would like to know if I'm balding. What Norwood am I?

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20210824_191924__01.jpg
IMG_20210824_191726__01.jpg
IMG_20210824_191729__01.jpg
IMG_20210824_192459__01.jpg
IMG_20210824_192509__01.jpg
IMG_20210817_184942.jpg

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like a nw2 at this stage, hair looks good though so it might stop there. Look at family history.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to see a baseline pic from when you weren't purportedly balding to be sure.

From that pic, yes, you are balding and you have already lost some hair in front of the ears. Your hair's texture does not look good to me but it's similar to mine. You want to brush it thoroughly with a boar bristle brush for several minutes to coat the entire strand with sebum, which is protective and adds luster and then take another pic. If your texture is less nice, that usually means that one is beginning to bald. Here's two pics of me showing that even people without noticeable baldness can lose anagen and texture and then baldness is coming.

Attachments

• 11thGrade.jpg
    11thGrade.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20ish.jpeg
    20ish.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 75

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. The odds are that it is, but not always the case.
That's what I am really honing down and homing in on since if Telogen Effluvium is virtually never correctly diagnosed, the winning hair strategy seems to be do not pass go until getting on finasteride. Potential sides need to be disregarded, only real sides matter. I am not sure about placebo pretend sides because if guys have them, it seems not to work out for them well in the end.

Monty Hall or Bayesian analysis indicates not waiting for treatment even if Telogen Effluvium because I am unaware of any Telogen Effluvium dosage/hair growth following up data showing by hair counts that such shed/loss actually does grow back entirely plus Telogen Effluvium seems to be hormonal as well, just also filtered through stress, malnutrition, etc. Thing is that nobody in the First World has enough stress or malnutrition so that ends up being a waste of time too so Bayes says start finasteride/duta now and stop asking some MtF on the internet what to do. See, Bayes works with me too!

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I would say that you don't really see T.E. unless someone gets on stress medications or something like that which could induce it. Either that or post-pregnancy.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, there's sort of a layer cake to it too, where T.E. sometimes just reveals male pattern baldness that would have already come up later on anyways.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I would say that you don't really see T.E. unless someone gets on stress medications or something like that which could induce it. Either that or post-pregnancy.
Maybe benzos or severe alcoholism that is nutrient depleting but thing is, most of us have been pissed off again and again by seeing winos in the gutter with far better hair than we have. It's rarely washed or combed but some of them have fairly long locks but that's Goddess making things even since there are bums after all and you can't sink any lower except by becoming an MtF to grow hair back says Will.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe benzos or severe alcoholism that is nutrient depleting but thing is, most of us have been pissed off again and again by seeing winos in the gutter with far better hair than we have. It's rarely washed or combed but some of them have fairly long locks but that's Goddess making things even since there are bums after all and you can't sink any lower except by becoming an MtF to grow hair back says Will.
True. And those who come on here and claim depression haven't actually been diagnosed with clinical depression, and I think it only affects hair in extreme cases. Like you said, alcohol or actual starvation, maybe. But other than that it's just revealing male pattern baldness - especially if there is, well, a pattern.

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not diffuse, my hair is a bit wet in the pic. This is a pic from a couple of years ago if you wanna compare my hairline
IMG_20210517_154951__01.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not diffuse, my hair is a bit wet in the pic. This is a pic from a couple of years ago if you wanna compare my hairlineView attachment 168348
It's the temples that worry me. I have been posting pics of temple and in front of the ear hair loss on the bridge thread. There's also some interesting pics put up by Capone showing how hair loss in front of the ears looks:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not the pic I was thinking of. Check the one with your hair down. There is thinning on the top near the vertex, and the hair is even thicker towards the hairline.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, there's sort of a layer cake to it too, where T.E. sometimes just reveals male pattern baldness that would have already come up later on anyways.
Yes. You and I have it figured out, Norwood. Regardless of what "Doctor" says just tell him you have male pattern baldness and it runs in the family so you can get proper meds because either way it's sending an alert message. Otherwise Doctor will tell you what you want to hear and you will go on biotin and expect thicker hair and that doesn't work. We all tried that.

Janey

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lamb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that's just a curly hair thing because the hairs from the back lay on the ones at the front giving it a more full look. Here's my hair dry with the same angle.
IMG_20210816_010200.jpg