Hey Everyone, Any Idea What My Norwood Is?

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys! I am 24 years old and I haven't hair on my temples since always.. I am growing up my hair long for first time in my life and temples seem to be more noticeable, or I could be simply losing my hair.. I am really paranoid lately. I notice that I am losing a lot of hair daily.. Also which Norwood am I?
Pics of my hair when I was younger and now
16 years old RQdPT62.jpg
Now PQXXrUM.jpg

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes that definitely looks like a NW2 , like the above poster said , a NW2 could be normal but it all depends on your family history of balding. You could stay a nw2 for a long time or it could progress and get worse. Best thing to do is keep an eye on it for the next few months, if you feel that it is progressively getting worse then you might have to consider starting treatments or just let it run it’s course.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that definitely looks like a NW2 , like the above poster said , a NW2 could be normal but it all depends on your family history of balding. You could stay a nw2 for a long time or it could progress and get worse. Best thing to do is keep an eye on it for the next few months, if you feel that it is progressively getting worse then you might have to consider starting treatments or just let it run it’s course.
Thank you for your reply. Is it normal that I have those gaps on my temples since very young age? I am little worried, because my father has thin hair on top. Also I noticed that my sister has a similar hairline with me H0iskXt.jpg

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 or 2, but it's fairly normal at your age. I'd keep the pics just for comparison later.

I was nw2 at 22 and stayed that way for about 18 years.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Less than 2. 1.5 probably.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, nw1.5ish. But the hairs are starting to miniaturize. It still looks good right now, but do not wait too long to act.
Isn’t it just new hair? I always thought that shorter hair are new hair. I don’t know how to act.. I wouldn’t go so far as taking pill for it

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t look that much different. As a general rule, the longer the hair, the greater the weight. More weight decreases volume and makes the hair look thinner as a result. That’s why people who are receding benefit from short hair cuts. Additionally, long hair is usually pulled back, (as it is in your picture), and puts your hairline front and center causing you to notice it far more than you would have before.

The appearance of elevated shedding with long hair is related to the first; the longer the hair, the more obvious the shed. Unless you’re losing over 100 strands per day you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Keep an eye on it for a few months. Take a picture every 2-3 months and compare it to your baseline. Also, be sure you keep an eye on the miniaturized hair upfront. Everyone has them, but they they are the first sign of male pattern baldness if they start to multiply or disappear entirely. With male pattern baldness, the affected hair miniaturizes in diameter each time it regrows, until it reaches a point where it will never grow again.

Right now, from what you’ve provided, this is borderline mature hairline. What I mean by that is that it’s possible to make the case for either a mature hairline or for early male pattern baldness; If the recession stops here and now then it could pass for a very high, mature hair line, if it continues any further it’s most definitely male pattern baldness.

In any case, just keep an eye on it, no need to worry too much at this point. male pattern baldness is a bridge you can cross if you get to it. In the meantime, you should research all possible treatments and decide how far you are willing to go to save your hair.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t look that much different. As a general rule, the longer the hair, the greater the weight. More weight decreases volume and makes the hair look thinner as a result. That’s why people who are receding benefit from short hair cuts. Additionally, long hair is usually pulled back, (as it is in your picture), and puts your hairline front and center causing you to notice it far more than you would have before.

The appearance of elevated shedding with long hair is related to the first; the longer the hair, the more obvious the shed. Unless you’re losing over 100 strands per day you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Keep an eye on it for a few months. Take a picture every 2-3 months and compare it to your baseline. Also, be sure you keep an eye on the miniaturized hair upfront. Everyone has them, but they they are the first sign of male pattern baldness if they start to multiply or disappear entirely. With male pattern baldness, the affected hair miniaturizes in diameter each time it regrows, until it reaches a point where it will never grow again.

Right now, from what you’ve provided, this is borderline mature hairline. What I mean by that is that it’s possible to make the case for either a mature hairline or for early male pattern baldness; If the recession stops here and now then it could pass for a very high, mature hair line, if it continues any further it’s most definitely male pattern baldness.

In any case, just keep an eye on it, no need to worry too much at this point. male pattern baldness is a bridge you can cross if you get to it. In the meantime, you should research all possible treatments and decide how far you are willing to go to save your hair.
Thank you for your reply, very informative. If this is early male pattern baldness, does it mean that I have it since I was 13 years old? Because my hairline was always like that. Also is it good for me that my sis and mom have the same hair line, or it doesnt really matter? I am worried because my dad has thin hair since his 30s... Last question, are there other ways to prevent hair loss except pills?

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it’s been like this since you were 13 then it’s probably your a mature hairline. For male pattern baldness to strike at that age is rare and for it to not progress further than what you’ve shown, even rarer. A mature hairline can generally be assessed by putting a finger (horizontally) above the top most wrinkle on your forehead. If it reaches or almost reaches your current hairline you’re at mature hairline position. If it’s past that, it’s past the point of being a mature hairline. While I cant see wrinkles in the pictures I would think you’re in that range. You can definitely check for yourself.

Family history does matter, but since females aren’t suscetible to male pattern baldness (they have their own version), it doesn’t help much here. It’s the name members that matter. All that does is give you general probability, the more recession/baldness in the family line, the more likely it is to occur for you.

Unfortunately, if it is male pattern baldness, the only proven way to stop it at this time is finasteride or dutasteride, both of which have a lot of potential side effects and require that you take them for life, (or until the stop working), to keep the condition at bay.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it’s been like this since you were 13 then it’s probably your a mature hairline. For male pattern baldness to strike at that age is rare and for it to not progress further than what you’ve shown, even rarer. A mature hairline can generally be assessed by putting a finger (horizontally) above the top most wrinkle on your forehead. If it reaches or almost reaches your current hairline you’re at mature hairline position. If it’s past that, it’s past the point of being a mature hairline. While I cant see wrinkles in the pictures I would think you’re in that range. You can definitely check for yourself.

Family history does matter, but since females aren’t suscetible to male pattern baldness (they have their own version), it doesn’t help much here. It’s the name members that matter. All that does is give you general probability, the more recession/baldness in the family line, the more likely it is to occur for you.

Unfortunately, if it is male pattern baldness, the only proven way to stop it at this time is finasteride or dutasteride, both of which have a lot of potential side effects and require that you take them for life, (or until the stop working), to keep the condition at bay.
Thank you for your reply, my hairline is half finger above my top wrinkle/fine line, so that means that my hairline will mature more? In my family my father has thin hair, both my grandparents never went further than nw3 even after 70 and they tell me that I look a lot with my uncle from my moms side who is 45 and still has hair, does resemble to a family member effect hair? I am mostly worried right now because I have a lot of baby hair as you can see on my pics and I have read that its a sign of balding.
Unfortunately, I have read about the solutions and that's why I am so worried.. because I would never "sacrifice" my health for hair

My uncles hairline at 45 10675743_10202750967158479_326145357838844883_n.jpg

my dad's hairline at 53, his hair is thinning since 30s and he told me he lost most of it in one year and since then is kind of the same 28616963_287122485153777_7008233785618674296_o.jpg