Hey All, Desperate For Help. Should I Start Treatment? 24 Yrs Old | HairLossTalk Forums

Hey All, Desperate For Help. Should I Start Treatment? 24 Yrs Old

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by paperworkjim, Dec 30, 2017.

1. paperworkjim

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey all,

My family on both sides is for the most part bald (Dad, his brother, Mom's brothers), aside from my grandfather on my mom's side. Grandfather on Dad's also bald.

Somehow I made it this far -- but I think I'm starting to see the signs. I was wondering if you guys thought I should start treatment or if I am being paranoid. I am very angry at myself for not catching it before, when I could've kept my full head of hair.

The hair loss is particularly aggressive on my right temple -- I can pretty easily see through the scalp when there is any kind of slightly heavy lighting around. When there is not, it is mostly unnoticeable. The left temple is not as bad, and I don't see much beyond the crown. Let me know what you think, and thank you all!!! What a great community.

Attached Files:

2. pizzamanluigi

pizzamanluigi Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I disagree with Jew. A "hairloss shampoo" and Biotin wont do anything to stop your male pattern baldness. You need a DHT blocker. Look into finasteride, and go talk to a derm. You still have good hair, and finasteride could maintain that for years to come. Jew is wrong, finasteride is not an extreme measure. Millions of guys take finasteride with good results and zero sides, and that is backed by scientific studies. Minoxidil could help get some regrowth and thicken up your hair, but it wont do anything to stop you male pattern baldness without finasteride.

3. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes.. listen to Pizzamanluigi, he is correct... finasteride isn't extreme lol, extreme would be duta or anything above that imo.

4. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I also noticed that lol. Also wondering if you shave your widows peak

5. paperworkjim

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hahaha, yes for some reason, I decided it looks a lot better that way.

Just started Fina (my dad is a doctor, so I could get it right away) at 1mg a pop. I'm gonna hold off on the Minodixidil and probably will start using Nizoral. Does everyone think this sounds good? I hope I can maintain my hair for another 10 years, but I have come to terms that I have early MBP and am happy I caught it early.

6. pizzamanluigi

pizzamanluigi Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lol dude dont shave your widows peak. It just looks weird and draws unnecessary attention to your hairline. Hair looks good though, and likely finasteride will keep it good for years to come.