Hey Again... Hairline/temples Restoration (*transplant) Update

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's on dutasteride. His hair is most likely not going anywhere. I never understood why hair transplant doctors turn young guys away when:
a) getting one when you are young is the most bang for your buck because you are usually just starting out with your career or going to grad school and you are also going out a lot with friends, traveling, networking, etc. so it is important to have confidence
b) there are medications now that can keep your native hair long term if you respond well and the chances are very much on your side

Can you clear this up for me @mattj ?

Young guys have higher expectations, more rapid and unpredictable loss, require lower and more dense hairlines to look natural and often aren't in a financial position for future surgery which could lead to a mess of a hairline and nothing behind it which looks bad on a doctor, despite it not being their fault. Also other surgeons and forum goers tend to look down on surgeons who take young patients and do youthful hairline work, even though they shouldn't so there is a reputation issue.

Everything you said is true, but simply put younger guys are harder cases and not always worth the trouble to the average doctor. So f*** it, go to turkey and find someone who will.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my hair is doing great (most likely thanks to Propecia) but if I did need a hair transplant at my age then I probably would. Plenty of young athletes and celebrities who need them do it. Image is important, as shallow as that sounds it is true. Luckily I have the looks, height, etc. but my looks would be nothing without my hair.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my hair is doing great (most likely thanks to Propecia) but if I did need a hair transplant at my age then I probably would. Plenty of young athletes and celebrities who need them do it. Image is important, as shallow as that sounds it is true. Luckily I have the looks, height, etc. but my looks would be nothing without my hair.

Well I'm 22 and had one and can't imagine how sh*t id be feeling right now if I had booked for next year, which was my initial plan. luckily for the doctors who don't want the risk of working on young patients most forum goers praise them for f*****g over young guys who need the procedure the most.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@CelebritiesBalding

You have good vertex/top density. If you want really good density all around, and razor length hair, you probably should go for something stronger like spironolactone. Your hair doesn't look bad at that length though, it works for you.

Density has to come from somewhere else with a transplant. A transplant can look good with scissor cut hair, but I'm not so sure with the length Bale has in that picture.

And before you think I'm being a dickhead, I have much worse density than you (norwood 3/4 hairline, and it's obvious recession, your's is twice my density), and I've had shorter hair than your picture. It was an EPIC failure on my part.

@CelebritiesBalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, excuse me. I didn't realize you and Bale were so "tight".

Here's the thing, both of Christian Bales parents suffer from hair loss. Who knows, maybe he was one of the "lucky" few small percentage of men who keep their hair all their life.

Don't believe me, look at the Internet. It's all over there. Look at his parents.

But I've seen pictures of him recently. His density is not as good, you can say what you want, but even Whalberg had a transplant. It's a true fact.

Now, that doesn't mean he didn't use the same treatments you did, he probably has used some.

But a high paid Hollywood actor ISN'T going to announce to his competition that he's had a hair transplant, when he is ONE OF MANY ACTORS who can get hired for a role.

Think about it.

First of, thanks for helping me, I truly mean it : )

Secondly, just look at this pic of Bale (2017):

18174906_christian-bale-opens-up-about-weight_76673b04_m.jpg

In my world this is perfection, plus it's obvious that's not a transplant, just a simple god-given genetics related gift to me

Anyway...what if I get a transplant and I'll still sport my buzzcut and have a smp to hide my fut scars?

I don't want super-density, I don't care about that as long as my hair's good, all I'm asking for is a frame for my face, same one I used to have which I really want to get back while I'm young and fuckable... of course I'll have further small FUE sessions in case I'd lose a bit density in some spot but I'll be on meds for all my life AND new treatments are coming in the next few years so what

Or.. for having another "hairline goal" besides Bale... take Eminem (always suspected that's transplant refined hair, anyway it's very good.. and you know why? because of this pic from 2004 https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ea/58/31/ea5831224be867a21a6c3f63284fbfee--eminem-soldier-rap-god.jpg

eminem_vmas_2009_1.jpg

2009+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Show+x6acRDmtH31x.jpg

But still...

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@CelebritiesBalding

You might want to look at the link below. Some doctors use PRP with Progesterone to treat hairloss.

https://www.realself.com/question/n...rogesterone-cream-treat-male-pattern-baldness

Hydroxyprogesterone helped 11 out of 17 men regrow their hair as well. Regular Progesterone did not.

If you used spironolactone or topical Progesterone, I think you could grow most of your hairline back.

The guys who used Hydroxyprogesterone recently lost their hair. That's different than having hair loss
for a long time. So, don't let their ages fool you (between 18 - 40).

I think it's next to impossible to regrow hair that was lost over five years or more.