Hey Again... Hairline/temples Restoration (*transplant) Update

@CelebritiesBalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, posted here last January after being turned away by Dr. Rahal (best surgeon in the world in my opinion, especially for FUT, dense packing, hairline design, temples, and so on).

Anyway, I have a bit of a thinning hairline (good density) but quite receded temples (right temple thinning esp.) so I'm desperately trying to regain my straight hairline and temples, kinda like Christian Bale's

I'm 23 and have been on Dutasteride + Minoxidil for 2 years and a half.. my question is... how can I have my hairline back? Should I re-apply for a transplant with Dr. Rahal next year? Is something big (Replicel, Brotzu Lotion) about to drop anytime soon?

My hairline goal:

latest?cb=20090527024106.jpg

***before you say that, my right temple is a bit worse (thinning) than it is in the pic, it's literally empty

in other words.. HELP ME pls

Thx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.08.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.08.44 AM.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 734
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.09.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.09.15 AM.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
Christian Bale certainly has a great hairline, but yours looks to be almost intact and I can see why Dr Rahal would advise against surgery. It's in your best interests that he turned you away, but it wouldn't harm if you got back in touch with fresh photos in the future.

@CelebritiesBalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have a great hairline man! no sides with duta ?
you apply minoxidil yo your whole head ?

f*** yeah, no sides on Fina but I got gyno, tiredness, testo up off Duta, it's a b**ch.. but I could give a f*** less.. my question is.. how/when will I be able to get my hairline (straight + temples) back as Christian Bale's?

Thx guys

Last edited:

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, you don't have a problem. You have a great head of hair. You're very young and have minimal loss and it's to Dr Rahal's credit that he declined to work on you. It's good that you seem to be maintaining hair with your current treatments. I understand what it's like to be young and worried about hair, but now I'm older I can see that those worries were not as significant as I thought. hair transplant surgery can achieve amazing things, but there are limitations and it isn't in the best interests of a very young patient to restore the original hairline when there is a high chance of further loss.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're twenty three. Bale definitely had work done within the last five years, but not when he made that movie.

If I were you, and wanted a hairline like Bales (Norwood one with a transplant), I would just take the strongest medication I could find. Only your left hairline has recession, not so much in your right.

I'm dead serious. Because at your age, your hair has a MUCH better chance then someone who is in their thirties or older.

Try Dustasteride (I never took it, but it only STOPS dht that kills your hairline). And also Minoxidil (the strongest dosage you can get, f*** 5%, I would go ten percent or more).

That way, you would have a NATURAL hairline like Bale, AND you would have good density (from avoiding a transplant).

@CelebritiesBalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're twenty three. Bale definitely had work done within the last five years, but not when he made that movie.

If I were you, and wanted a hairline like Bales (Norwood one with a transplant), I would just take the strongest medication I could find. Only your left hairline has recession, not so much in your right.

I'm dead serious. Because at your age, your hair has a MUCH better chance then someone who is in their thirties or older.

Try Dustasteride (I never took it, but it only STOPS dht that kills your hairline). And also Minoxidil (the strongest dosage you can get, f*** 5%, I would go ten percent or more).

That way, you would have a NATURAL hairline like Bale, AND you would have good density (from avoiding a transplant).

1) I've been on Minoxidil for two years and a half, Finasteride for one year and a half then I switched to Duta last October, then I've been on Dutasteride for (almost) a year; I'm just maintaining basically, no regrowth, then you're dead wrong, these treatments don't give you regrowth.

2) my front is a bit thinning, both my temples are definitely receded and my right one is fucked up (i.e. very thin, maybe you can't see it very well in the pic), left one is thicker but quite receded a bit thin

3) Prove Bale has had work done in the last five years (I don't think so)

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree you could do with work and definitely on the right side, but I tend to think that most doctors will not accept your case because it is already quite strong and the chance of making it worse or causing long term problems is higher than many want to deal with. Also your age obviously makes the majority of doctors avoid you instantaneously.

Although he is an FUE surgeon I'd contact Keser in Ankara as his refined low norwood hairline work is virtually unparalleled and I don't think he will be as obsessed with age as the major Canadian or US surgeons.

I would also reapply with Rahal and confirm your dedication to medication and your awareness of the risks.

Brotzu is unproven dogshit that anyone can make at home anyway and would already be using if it was useful, and nothing else is likely to come out for the next 5 years that rivals transplants in effectiveness and cost effectiveness.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree you could do with work and definitely on the right side, but I tend to think that most doctors will not accept your case because it is already quite strong and the chance of making it worse or causing long term problems is higher than many want to deal with. Also your age obviously makes the majority of doctors avoid you instantaneously.

Although he is an FUE surgeon I'd contact Keser in Ankara as his refined low norwood hairline work is virtually unparalleled and I don't think he will be as obsessed with age as the major Canadian or US surgeons.

I would also reapply with Rahal and confirm your dedication to medication and your awareness of the risks.

Brotzu is unproven dogshit that anyone can make at home anyway and would already be using if it was useful, and nothing else is likely to come out for the next 5 years that rivals transplants in effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
You still maintaining on finasteride? How often do u take and what are your doses?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25mg a day, no issues. Sometimes think my midscalp is still improving a bit too at around 9 month mark.
What about your hairline, how is it doing, I have my finasteride pills with me but I'm too afraid to take them,
Also no sexual side effects right?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about your hairline, how is it doing, I have my finasteride pills with me but I'm too afraid to take them,
Also no sexual side effects right?

Hard to tell because of my transplant, think the remaining hairline is pretty much the same, maybe a tad worse but not noticeably.

No sides, but interestingly I have been taking this since I started, didn't think it it would do much but took it regardless. Anyway, I stopped taking it for about four days and my semen volume and orgasm quality dropped quite a bit, as soon as I started taking it again it was back to normal. Could be a coincidence or mental but who knows.

https://au.iherb.com/pr/Country-Lif...ANG68G-1sgks3JIshvYwZZJ6CteEvjPsaAmFSEALw_wcB

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell because of my transplant, think the remaining hairline is pretty much the same, maybe a tad worse but not noticeably.

No sides, but interestingly I have been taking this since I started, didn't think it it would do much but took it regardless. Anyway, I stopped taking it for about four days and my semen volume and orgasm quality dropped quite a bit, as soon as I started taking it again it was back to normal. Could be a coincidence or mental but who knows.

https://au.iherb.com/pr/Country-Lif...ANG68G-1sgks3JIshvYwZZJ6CteEvjPsaAmFSEALw_wcB
Hmm interesting

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Prove Bale has had work done in the last five years (I don't think so)

Well, excuse me. I didn't realize you and Bale were so "tight".

Here's the thing, both of Christian Bales parents suffer from hair loss. Who knows, maybe he was one of the "lucky" few small percentage of men who keep their hair all their life.

Don't believe me, look at the Internet. It's all over there. Look at his parents.

But I've seen pictures of him recently. His density is not as good, you can say what you want, but even Whalberg had a transplant. It's a true fact.

Now, that doesn't mean he didn't use the same treatments you did, he probably has used some.

But a high paid Hollywood actor ISN'T going to announce to his competition that he's had a hair transplant, when he is ONE OF MANY ACTORS who can get hired for a role.

Think about it.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, excuse me. I didn't realize you and Bale were so "tight".

Good luck with that. If you get a lot of plastic surgery, you could probably look like him to.

Are you that dude from the other forum? Kagaton?

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant surgery can achieve amazing things, but there are limitations and it isn't in the best interests of a very young patient to restore the original hairline when there is a high chance of further loss.

He's on dutasteride. His hair is most likely not going anywhere. I never understood why hair transplant doctors turn young guys away when:
a) getting one when you are young is the most bang for your buck because you are usually just starting out with your career or going to grad school and you are also going out a lot with friends, traveling, networking, etc. so it is important to have confidence
b) there are medications now that can keep your native hair long term if you respond well and the chances are very much on your side

Can you clear this up for me @mattj ?