Heretogrow's story - Hairloss From Early 20's

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont have before pics :( I hated taking photos of my head (denial)

I have photos from around 6 months and am toying with the idea of putting them up as they show improvement, only thing stopping me is my precious privacy! Almost all my friends are receding and I suspect that some of them would frequent forums, I dont want to be outed so to speak!

Heretogrow

Reaction score
So its been a month! To be honest i havent seen any change, maybe more thinning? But on some days it looks thicker, so i guess its too earlier to tell.

I am being resonably consistent, havent missed taking finasteride yet, twice a day rogaine applications, but i miss 1 application on sunday usually.

Im trying to add photos but the forum is not letting me, i get this message:
'Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.'
What do I do?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep it up dude, over the months the pictures will tell you all you need to know!

Regards uploading, have you tried again yet, I noticed the other day that a few people were habing trouble but since then they seem to have been abe t put pics up

Heretogrow

Reaction score

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats not looking too bad, likely your weaker hairs have been shed. Id be surprised if you got any results in the next month but I think with the amount of hair you have up there over the course of 6-12 months there is every chance you will see some thickening up up there, keep it up dude

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback man! Yeah your right on the money there, most of the shed hairs are very thin! Yep so it's going to be a long wait!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its a slow process buddy, some people are lucky and experience a rapid regrowth sprint but the majority of us have to endure a marathon!

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Haha yep, I'm ready for either.
I'm noticing iching at my crown after my Kirkland liquid applications. Is this normal for you guys too? I don't get this with the rogaine foam.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exactly the same thing happene to me, it may be the PPG in Kirkland minoxidil, for me it wasnt unbarable, my scalps pretty much use to it now but you might want to consider neutrogena T-gel shampoo to ease it if its bad.

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Oh right, good to know. Na its very managable for me, some days its worse than others. But yeah just wanted to check if it was a bad reaction or something.

Heretogrow

Reaction score
So a quick update:

All going well, no sides, no issues and no success to report yet.

Im thinking of only using rogaine once a day instead of two. So only use it at nights. Just becaause im starting work soon and i hate how rogaine makes my hair look. What do you guys reckon? Will this hinder my gains? Is a once a day application enough?

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Hi, Im fairly new to using minoxidil however i have read that minoxidil only stimulates the follicles for around 4 hours. Thats why you apply it 2-3 times a day so your hair is always stimulated to grow. Id try to maintain the 2x application. Perhaps wake up an hour earlier to let the minoxidil dissipate. Good luck pal :)

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Been a while since my last post! Things are progressing ok. No real gains as yet, the front seams thicker but it's hard to tell. Top and top back seam to be getting thinner, worried about this! Il post up pictures next month after a haircut (hair is kinda long now)

I have switched to taking finasteride in the mornings now around 7am. Except for Saturday, when I take it in the afternoon at around 12pm.

Rogaine applications are getting difficult! It is such a mission to apply twice a day! I usually get it in by 9-10pm on weeknights and by 7am on week mornings. Is the interval too short? Also on some days I only get in one application and on otter rare occasion I miss both. Will this cause any issues? On average il in say 11-12 applications a week instead of the expected 14.

On the finasteride side-effects side. Semen is definitely more watery, kinda worried about this too, will those cause any issues? Libido is also slightly lower. I'm hoping it won't drop further!

Other wise all good, Applying nizoral shampoo pretty much every other day as well.
Your thoughts are much appreciated :)

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

It has been a while since i posted. I have been using finasteride + rogaine + nizoral shampoo for the last three years pretty much. Haven't really gained or lost too much? I guess i have kept most of my hair since then, maybe slight thinning overall. I will post some photos over the next hour.

I am really worried about side effects though. Over the last few years my libido has gradually been dropping. Here are my observations:

I don't really get morning erections anymore
Erections aren't as strong and take longer to eventuate
Orgasms don't feel as good

This is quite worrying, as I am only 25. Is this due to finasteride or getting older?
I am seriously considering dropping finasteride and just sticking to rogaine and nizoral.

Please help.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Talk to a well qualified and respected physician. You may want to consider reducing your dosage of finasteride. and/or the frequency of it to minimize unwanted sides. Some user's have claimed they have experienced positive results from this approach. All the best.

Heretogrow

Reaction score
Hair style is different from my pics when i first started. But this progress to date.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 189
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 162
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 148
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg