Here we go!!!

Hair Gnome

Reaction score
Or should I say there it goes!

I've entered month 3 on Propecia plus or minus a couple of weeks and just today I got the sheds! I've been dreading this point, and was kind of hoping I would get spared this step!

After a couple of weeks on Propecia I noticed all shedding stopped in its tracks. I was elated. I read on these boards to expect shedding at about month 3 and here it is.

I noticed the last couple of days my head started itching a little. Then this morning I ran my hand through my hair and a gob of hairs were in my hands!

I know this is expected, and I'm not demoralized or anything but what should I expect going forward? Will the rate of the shed level out at some point? Does it last a certain amount of time? Or does it vary from person to person?

I'm 38, and I still have a full head of hair, but I was shedding and was starting to get really thin in one or two spots. Figured it was only a matter of time so I did my research (thanks to this site) and went on the propecia.

jeffsss

Reaction score
propecia is a good choice.
it's the most effective drug that's clinically proven to fight hair loss.
I'm over the 6 month mark and my hair is still falling unfourtunatly..
i dont thnk i ever experienced a "shed".

jeffsss

Reaction score
Hair Gnome said:
I know this is expected, and I'm not demoralized or anything but what should I expect going forward? Will the rate of the shed level out at some point? Does it last a certain amount of time? Or does it vary from person to person?

all the above... you wont know, only time will tell.

pcu83

Reaction score
Like jeffsss, I've never gotten experienced a shed.

My hair is not "falling out" either, just thinning, so I hope Propecia helps. Perhaps if you are not diffuse, you get more shed? I don't know. Probably just varies person by person.

Hair Gnome

Reaction score
Just FYI the shedding slowed/stopped after that day. Maybe it was something I ate? lol

I was travelling that week and had forgotten my finasteride at home so I had a break of like three days without it, maybe that was it?

Anyway, everything seems to be back to normal right now.

Hair Gnome

Reaction score
Almost a month has gone by since I first started shedding. It has slowed substantially, but my hair level is about back to where it was in late November when I first started the propecia.

Hopefully, from here out it maintains until the regrowth starts. Thanks for the advice and comments, by reading through what others are going through I wasn't down when I went through this phase of the Pop treatment, and knew it was coming.

I'll check back in with a post later this summer to let you know how it's going!