Here is how I apply Minoxidil... How do you apply yours?

Brogain

Reaction score
I am currently using Rogaine Foam in the mornings and Kirkland Minoxidil. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Firstly, I find the foam very fast drying (5 minutes) which makes it a great option to apply before styling. The liquid takes a good couple of hours to fully dry. Secondly Kirkland Minoxodil is a lot cheaper than Rogaine foam.

Ok.. So I want to let you know how I apply my Minoxidil.

In the morning after I get out of the shower I towel dry my hair till it is as dry as it can be without using a hairdryer. I then quickly apply the foam to my hairline where I am experiencing hair loss and a little to the crown (although I currently have no signs of hair loss here). Five minutes later I apply my styling products and I’m done.

At night I generally apply the liquid Minoxidil about a hour before I go to bed. I will normally wash my hair in hot water before towel drying. I then slip on a headband to pull my hair back and pop on a plastic glove, the type they use when prepping food in kitchens. I then drip between 0.5 - 1ML on to my hairline and rub vigorously with my finger making sure the liquid does not run down my face. I have heard that rubbing in topicals can help in their absorption.

My question to you guys is do you think applying Minoxidil to a recently wet scalp is better than applying to a dry scalp?

My opinion is that washing your hair before applying will aid absorption I use Nizoral three times a week to help remove sebum. I think that washing your hair must relax the skins surface (in a similar way to washing your face before you shave). This must help in aid the Minxodil on its long journey to the papilla. This is just anecdotal evidence but I feel like the liquid absorbs better as you can direct it straight on to the scalp. The foam while quick drying tends to absorb a lot in to the hair and feels as if its not as successful in reaching the scalp.