Help411's Story

help411

Reaction score
I am 24 year old male and was in denial of slowly balding for the past few years. When it became noticable byond close examination I began to worry. I consulted my doctor and he immediately prescred propecia. I then went to a family fiend wo is a pharmacist. He would fill the orde no problem but cautioned me about the dangerrs of using propecia. He said since i am 24 I would probably not want to risk any sexual problems as a side effect from the drug such as the loss of ability to have your own child. That freaked me out and I decided not to risk any chances. I did nothing to combat the situation forr like 6 months and am getting more and more depressed about it. I am being turned down from dates because of my hair. Its really upsetting that society turns there bac on me because of my condition. I do not want some crazy side effect like sexual reproduction problems or itching scratching. I just want to have a full head of hair without all the problems. I am not into the idea of a hair piece or plugs and do not want to be a skinhead either. Please help.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Do not be afraid.

Propecia's side effects will not affect your ability to reproduce.

It's true. Side effects occur in 1.2% of people... but the side effects go away throughout duration of treatment. Or, they will go away should you decide to STOP treatment.

In any case,

Propecia is the best option you have.

There is also Rogaine.

If you are serious about regrowing hair on your head, consider the Big 3:

Propecia (finasteride)
Rogaine (minoxidil)
Nizoral (ketoconazole)

Here is a thread with helpful advice:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=26479

Goodluck

help411

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread to look at... I also forgot to mention the doctor tat prescribed Propecia did not check my blood or thyroids. My pharmacist mentioned it may be a thyroid condition?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's possible but unlikely.

You should still have some simple blood tests taken before you begin Propecia (finasteride) therapy.

83% of men respond positively to Propecia. That's better than Aspirin.

My personal recommendation is to DO it!

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if your receeding, or following the classic Norwood pattern, theres a 99% chance its male pattern baldness.

Fortunately if you use propecia u can halt and even possibly regrow a little hair. Don't expect miracles, but don't hesitate otherwise you'll have less and less to maintain. Most people's regrets when it comes to hairloss was waiting too long to take action, so your not alone.

I wouldn't worry about the drugs affects on your reproduction. Check

http://www.propecia.com for details its FDA approved for almost 10 years so its your best hope.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia is the bomb. No sides for me. Nicely filled in a bald spot near the hairline. Pretty much saved me from major depression. Took two years for solid results though.

Use minoxidil also.