Help

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi guys, this has probably been asked before butr i just want clarification. Have been on dr reddy`s dutas for 2 months now and i use minoxidil foam twice a day. I have started to notice when i put my minoxidil on now that there is loads of hair on my hands and that my hair is starting to look thinner? Am not sure if this a shed or not but dont want my hair to continue to get worse? I thought that dutasteride blocks 2 types of DHT so why would it make your hair worse? Any help would be appreciated, thank you :woot:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how long have you been on minoxidil, two months? If you began the treatments at the same time, i wouldnt worry. In fact, the shed miht get a bit worse for the next month or so, just ride it out, it will come back even better. dutasteride blocks type 2 and type 1, but does a better job at blocking type two than propecia.

Im just on propecia but after 2-3 months my hair was pretty thin also, it got better tho. You should be fine, just dont start freaking out and stop the treatments..i almost did at 2 months but im glad i kept with it, im 7 months in now.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
I have been on minoxidil for quite awhile, maybe 8 months? Was using finasteride for 4 months but felt i should get onto dutasteride as would be better in stopping DHT to stop less hair falling out?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
make sure your dutasteride is legit. It is supposed to work better, but buying it online is a risk. when i get on it, im going to get a prescription from medicalwellnesscenter and get genuine avodart. Also, i think im going to take propecia as well, it might not help, but cant hurt. Maybe you should take propecia at the same time as a safty valve.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. I have got Dr Reddy`s dutasteride and am pretty sure it is legit. That is not a bad idea to take finasteride aswell. But would that mean double the risk and if i get sides, double the strength? Does anyone take both woth results and no sides? :hump:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no most likely if the dutasteride is legit, the finasteride wont do much else, thats what bryan and dr proctor both say. It may help but only slightly. Because dutasteride is more pwerful, you arent doubling anything, including side effects, you should be fine, there a several people who take both, mainly usuing finasteride as the safty valve jic the dutasteride isnt legit.

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've also been on Dr. reddy's dutas for 6 months, and I've also been using Nizoral for 1 year. about 3 months ago I had a terrible shed lasting about a month long. My hair line seems to be recessing further, should I also ride it out?? :dunno: