Help; worried about using regaine or not? With pics of current hair loss

Aquamarine

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I first noticed that I was losing my hair in September 2012, it's male pattern baldness. I am quite an anxious, self conscious person, so the idea of losing my hair has caused me a great deal of stress. I got my talented hairdresser to keep my front hair very long, and it give my hairline a good level of texture, and people don't notice that I'm receding.
The gaps in between the follicles have widen over the year. It looks quite terrifying after a shower. I seemed to be shedding quite a lot for months in 2013. I can't quite work out if my hair loss has temporary settled, I have not noticed loss on the crown (yet!)and I am absolutely dreading it when it does happen.

I recently purchased some regaine extra strength solution. I'm worried if I start applying it something could go wrong, like my front hair might come out and not grow back due to a reaction or something. But I really want to keep what I have, if stuff grows back as it's a bonus.
Also it demonstrates on the box's picture that it will only work on the crown? I'm just worried about taking a risk, but I know my confidence has dropped massively over my hair loss so far and having to have a stupid fringe to cover things up.

I'm not sure what to do, and very confused! Any help would be much appreciated:)

! SILVER - 20140223_201809.jpgSILVER - 20140223_201830.jpgSILVER - 100_0885.jpgSILVER - 100_0886.jpgSILVER - 100_0889.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Regrettably no one can predict what sides they may or not get. If you are sure it's male pattern baldness and want to combat it you really have no other option but to get on the only 3 medications presently available. Ultimately waiting is a greater risk. Hopefully you are old enough for finasteride (at least 21). There is no doubt in my mind you still have a terrific head of hair. If you didn't say so no one at this point would believe you are actually experiencing hair loss. If you have not already done so get yourself to a Doctor's office pronto and stick to the plan. Remember if you want your hair you must adhere to the regimen for the rest of your life. Even on meds. you may continue to progress. It's up to you. All the best and keep on sharing.

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
Acquamarine, your head of hair is still pretty impressive. I'd certainly want to be sure that you've got a genetic disposition to hair loss (i.e. male pattern baldness) before you go all out on the big three. Even when you do, I'd layer the treatments. Some people will respond well to just minoxidil. Others need to add the heavy hitter (finasteride). It looks like you've got a bit of time on your side so my advice is to push down the panic and take a measured approach. No point adding extra time (for your regimen), cost and potential sides if you don't need to.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Acqua expressed a concern about using a minoxidil. based product. Presently finasteride. is the only effective alternative, nizoral the third as we know it.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you. But my hairline has receded badly, much worse than yours. I think you should try the regaine. I started it 3 months ago with no sides. It is working on my hairline. It hasn't regrown it completely but it defiantly doesn't look as bad since I've started it.
I'm started finasteride this weekend.