Help with hairline

magma11

Reaction score
Hello! I'm 25 years old and I'm concerned with my hair line. It's very u-shaped, and alot of hair seems to be missing on each side. I've had this type of hair line since I was 17 I think, I can't really recall if it has gotten worse.
I'm thinking about a hair transplant but it's really expencive, so I want to look for other options before I make up my mind.

Here's a picture: https://i.imgsafe.org/0ac68c6.jpg

0ac68c6.jpg

Right now there are no hair at all in these areas... Apart from the microscopic hair that's covering the face as well..

Do you think that minoxidil can threat this? I'd like to regrow hair within that red area... What other options are there?

Thanks in advance!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Big 3

Finasteride/Minoxidil/Nizoral

Will probably need a hair transplant to get the temples back.

magma11

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the answers!

My hair is still thick where I have it, it's just that it's missing completely in this area.
So the Big 3, what can these 3 products do for me, how long will it take before I see results and will I have to take the Big 3 for the rest of my life?

Cheers

magma11

Reaction score
Hello again.

Bought the big 3 today. I'm unsure about how to apply Minoxil. I have in the form of Rogaine. Should I apply it on the skin only, or should I apply it 1-2 inches into where the hair grows? Should I apply it along the hairline between the temples?
How often should I use Nizoral?

Also reading about all this shedding makes me quite scared. Will the hair shedd so much that my hairline will look worse? For how long will it shedd initially before stopping?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apply it where you have it marked in red in your picture. People usually use nizoral 2-3 times a week.

I don't think you would have to worry about a shed if you apply it to the area you marked it looks fairly bald.

magma11

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!

Since I'm only bald in these areas, all other areas are 100% fine, how much will I benefit from minoxil & nizoral? I wonder if finasteride will do 99% of the job...

Also, my doctor said that I will only have to eat finesteride for a couple of months. That can't be right? The hair loss will continue if I stop eating it, right?
As I've understood it, this is a treatment that will take many years. Is it as long as I live though?

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer!

Since I'm only bald in these areas, all other areas are 100% fine, how much will I benefit from minoxil & nizoral? I wonder if finasteride will do 99% of the job...

Also, my doctor said that I will only have to eat finesteride for a couple of months. That can't be right? The hair loss will continue if I stop eating it, right?
As I've understood it, this is a treatment that will take many years. Is it as long as I live though?

I would advise you to find some old pictures, any pictures to find out when and how this hairloss happened or post them up here. Then only you will get the right advice and answers else you risk going down a wrong path and repenting later IMHO.

magma11

Reaction score
I would advise you to find some old pictures, any pictures to find out when and how this hairloss happened or post them up here. Then only you will get the right advice and answers else you risk going down a wrong path and repenting later IMHO.
I will look for old pictures but there might now be any where I can clearly see where the hairline is. But I know that they were at least partly there 7 years ago. So it should be possible to give me quite good advice from that information, no?

magma11

Reaction score
I've looked at some old pics. It really seems like the temples lost the hair very early, then not much seem to have changed. I've had it like this for at least 7 years. I have not noticed that the temples have receded any more in this time.. Perhaps it has, but then it must be slowly. Seems like it went quick in the beginning.
In any case, I've taken Minoxidil and Nizoral for one month now. I have not seen any results. Have not taken any Finasteride yet because of all the stories about side effects. Although it seems to be 1 in 100 that is affected by sexual function.

How to you guys think I should proceed from here?

magma11

Reaction score
Hello again! Just wanted to ask you if FUE or FUT is best in my case... I prefer FUE because I don't want a scar, but I read that FUE will also ruin the donor area in case I want another transplant in the future. If I need 2000 grafts, will that be fine with FUE or should I go for FUT...? I guess the doctor decides though. I'm pretty sure I'll contact Koray Erdogan..

magma11

Reaction score
Yakitori, I decided to not go for Big 3.

Three reasons for that...
1) The areas I want to cure is totally bald and has been so for many years. Therefore I don't think Big 3 would help me. I do not have thin hair anywhere.
2) Big 3 is a daily procedure which I will have to do forever and it's going to be expensive in the long run.
3) I'm afraid of the finasteride side effects. I want to be able to have children so...

So yeah I figured that a hair transplant for my temples is the way to go, and then I might buy one of those laser hair brushes to make sure my hair stays thick in the long run. Later in my life I might consider finasteride but then I think there will be better methods, perhaps gene therapy or something.

magma11

Reaction score
BUMP! I'd really appreciate some help regarding my questions please :)

Hello again! Just wanted to ask you if FUE or FUT is best in my case... I prefer FUE because I don't want a scar, but I read that FUE will also ruin the donor area in case I want another transplant in the future. If I need 2000 grafts, will that be fine with FUE or should I go for FUT...? I guess the doctor decides though. I'm pretty sure I'll contact Koray Erdogan..