Help With Choosing A Turkish Hair Transplant Surgeon

HMEG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any advice about Dr. Cole in Atlanta? I've read controversial opinions about him. Is he competent and does he get involved in the whole procedure?
He offers also some add-ons post-surgery such as Acell and CRP to stimulate stem cells and speed up recovery.
What do you think?

HMEG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Demirsoy, Pekiner and Keser are some of the best doctors in Turkey, they do everything themselves except for demirsoy he does about 70% of the procedure, I would highly recommend Kaan Pekiner from personal experience.
I tried to contact Keser but something is wrong with his website as the online consultation fails at sending. Pls send his contact details if you have it. Regarding Dr Kaan Pekiner, what was the procedure done with him? FUE or FUT, Norwood scale, how many grafts.
I've noticed some Turkish doctors claim he is the 1st surgeon in Turkey to be diplomat of the ABHRS.
Does it matter to belong to the ABHRS. Is it equivalent to being skilled with nice results guaranteed?

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just noticed that you said you were quoted 3900 grafts at one point, Keser doesnt do large procedures he only does small ones, like 1500 to 2000 grafts.

I had a repair hair transplant with Dr Pekiner, my 1st one was a disaster, I went to dr pekiner to try and repair my hair as much as possible, I didn't have a lot of grafts left, I am a diffuse thinner, I only had 1400 grafts and the hairline and the front of my head, he removed some old plugs and also repaired a patchy area in my donor with a 100 graft. I had an FUE, all these doctors perform FUE only, I don't know who does FUT in Turkey but they mostly FUE only and the ABHRS thing doesnt matter, those guys are highly skilled and well trusted, do more research on other forums, Pekiner is famous on the italian forums, if you need more help private message and I will try and help you as much as possible.

HMEG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d recommend elsewhere in Europe other than Turkey but that’s only my recommendation. I know the low prices and high amount of grafts used are very appealing to some though.

HLV
I agree with you. I don't feel comfortable towards Turkey...my instinct tells me stay away from Turkey! I think the best are in the US, Canada, and Europe (other than Turkey). US and Canada are expensive but I believe the same results are achievable in Europe at much less cost.
Where in Europe other than Turkey are the best surgeons in your opinion especially in high Norwood and if you've seen some good results?

Reactions: HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you. I don't feel comfortable towards Turkey...my instinct tells me stay away from Turkey! I think the best are in the US, Canada, and Europe (other than Turkey). US and Canada are expensive but I believe the same results are achievable in Europe at much less cost.
Where in Europe other than Turkey are the best surgeons in your opinion especially in high Norwood and if you've seen some good results?

In all honesty even the US isn’t that great. Europe is really where you’ll get more quality surgeons. I’d recommend Dr Maras in Cyprus, Dr Fereduni in Belgium, and Dr B I s a n ga in Belgium. Those are in my opinion among the most ethical and skilled surgeons in the world.

I spent months researching where to have my own surgery and those 3 were in my top list. I considered Turkey in the beginning but voted against it because some things I was told by surgeons there didn’t seem right to me.

HLV

HMEG

My Regimen
Reaction score
In all honesty even the US isn’t that great. Europe is really where you’ll get more quality surgeons. I’d recommend Dr Maras in Cyprus, Dr Fereduni in Belgium, and Dr B I s a n ga in Belgium. Those are in my opinion among the most ethical and skilled surgeons in the world.

I spent months researching where to have my own surgery and those 3 were in my top list. I considered Turkey in the beginning but voted against it because some things I was told by surgeons there didn’t seem right to me.

HLV
I have seen a wonderful result for one of my relatives from a top US surgeon 20 years ago via FUT. If US & Canada were cheap, I think most people will not hesitate to go there.
If you had surgery, where did you have it done and what was your Norwood scale?
You also did not mention drs Jose Lorenzo and De Freitas of Spain. I've read about their good results. Any idea about their skills and results?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen a wonderful result for one of my relatives from a top US surgeon 20 years ago via FUT. If US & Canada were cheap, I think most people will not hesitate to go there.
If you had surgery, where did you have it done and what was your Norwood scale?
You also did not mention drs Jose Lorenzo and De Freitas of Spain. I've read about their good results. Any idea about their skills and results?

I can pm you my surgeon and results.

HLV