(HELP) What's that thing on the back of my head ?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I suffer from androgenetic alopecia (NW2.5) but at the moment I have another problem. This one is on the back of the head, when I shaved short I just noticed this: red spots with less hair than the rest, like inflammation. It doesn't scratch me or cause me any pain.

The first photo is from today and the second one a year ago. We see that I already had a red mark but it seems to have spread now.

Anyone know what is it ?

Attachments

• back1.png
    back1.png
    937.5 KB · Views: 125
  • back2.png
    back2.png
    795.2 KB · Views: 123

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I suffer from androgenetic alopecia (NW2.5) but at the moment I have another problem. This one is on the back of the head, when I shaved short I just noticed this: red spots with less hair than the rest, like inflammation. It doesn't scratch me or cause me any pain.

The first photo is from today and the second one a year ago. We see that I already had a red mark but it seems to have spread now.

Anyone know what is it ?
Might be some kind of fungal infection. Get it checked out

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like a birth mark to me. Seen quite a few people with reddish birth marks in that area.
You were right, my dermatologist told me that it was an angioma present in many men (1/3) and which fluctuates in intensity according to the seasons, it is rarely visible because you have to have very short hair.