Help Resgarding Lace Front Support Tape Please (the Blue) Thanks!

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Help resgarding lace front Support tape please

hello everyone

Well I recently bought lot of products, for sell and personal use
I got the green tape as recommend but I get itchy so I try the blue lace front support
its great but getting it out of my scalp was really really hard after 1week
then I got the tape out of the lace, it broke in several pieces but I was able to take it out
the problem were the residous of glue, almost impossible, lost a lot of hair, almost make me quit,

I wanna keep with the lace front Support tape since is the only one I have try that give me the hold I want with no irritation, I have try ultra hold tape, no shine, supertape and green tape,

The problem is the 3 points I mention before, taking it out of the scalp, it brakes severally but the most important take out the residous after taking off the tape,

I got isopropyl alcohol, lace release, rapid release, c22 and action

Any suggestions?

Thaks a lot

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Are you massaging the lace release into your front hairline and waiting a bit before pulling? The tape should be left on your scalp. I use the blue tape and redo hairline 1x per week no issue. Do u sweat a lot? Maybe try a scalp protector .

As for getting the tape off my scalp I like to use one of those "old man" combs (sorry for lack of a better word) and that works nicely.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, how do you apply the solvent to leave the tape in the scalp?
i use scalp protector ad i use the tape just sides and back, the front is glue ultra hold and no problem get it off

thanks

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. F. do you have an all lace piece or lace and poly surround on sides/back?? If poly surround , then lace release applied on top of hair won't do much as it can't get to the glue due to poly being a barrier...I am accustomed to wearing an all lace piece and recently am trying a poly surround ...one day when removing that piece I realized I had sprayed lace release on hair but piece wasn't coming off....had a good laugh. ..for poly, you need to lift a small section and put lace release under poly and keep lifting and adding more lace release as you lift poly surround. .same technique as with a skin base.?.hope I am clear but this YouTube video may help