Help Required - finasteride problem

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Need some help, i've been hiding away with this problem for about 2 or so years.

I probably started my hair loss regimen about six years ago and was on this site posting/helping for about 4 years. I got on proscar 1.25mg a day and shampooed with nizoral 5% at least two days a week. I tried various shampoos and stimulators along the way and then eventually got onto Rogaine Foam when i didn't see regrowth.

The problem i have and started pretty much after 6 or so months after taking proscar that i developed acne on my face and body and my skin started to get red like rosecea and it has stayed like that ever since.

Now i know its down to the degration of my liver, as to much sugar, alcohol etc makes it worse. Now i dont know if you guys have heard of liver flushes but i did quite a few of these and got out some stones out. My skin did improve but im starting to struggle with having acne and feeling run down etc that im looking to come off proscar.

Now i know that coming off proscar and contiuning rogaine will not make a difference - my hair will still fall out.

Taking proscar over the years may or may not have helped. My hairloss was on the crown but the hair loss never slowed or regained hair but may or may not have slowed down its progression in this area.

Now my idea is to try dutasteride and hope it doesn't play havoc like finasteride did but can this be tried without going back to square one and do you think it could help?

Any advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated. I've been hiding away pretending this isn't a problem for years.

Thanks in advance,

Kev