[Help please] How can I get back to baseline? Rapid decline. Is there any hope?

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like improvement in density and a few more hairs at the sides at 7th month. With that being said there was alot of cases on a site that had a clinic that worked with finasteride and min. They had cases where people got even better after their 6 or 8 month compared to 15 month or even 20 month. This stuff takes time, take that from someone who quit after just 4 months just bc didnt got what desired. Now its the second round but this time there will be no quitting.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
In your opinion do you think the meds have aged you or is it the hairloss

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wellheweare-
Take it from me, I’ve been where you are now. I’ve tried it all. Some facts:
You will not get back to baseline using any medications/ creams/ needles given current available options.
the best you can hope for is to stabilise/ not lose any more. You have correctly chosen the best available regimen except for possibly adding dutasteride (once or twice per week).
Hopefully one day there will be a medical treatment that can regrow hair.
Now you have a tough choice - if you REALLY can’t stand the mature hairline look, you can consider a hair transplant. But this is a big decision. If you choose a good surgeon, you will be back to baseline, but you will need more surgery as your hair loss progresses. And you will be stuck on the meds.
having chosen this route, I honestly think I regret it. I had a great cosmetic result but have had 4 procedures so far and will soon need another. I wish I just accepted the inevitable, shaved my head, and went to gym.
Oh really! That’s not good. How old were you then / are you now? The thing is I could hide the hairline with another hair style but I would rather not have to do that because I like having long hair. I know that regrowing is a long shot and probably not realistic but if I can just increase the density and then maintain for a while that’ll be okay. Eventually I will likely go down the transplant route but that depends how much money I have

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like improvement in density and a few more hairs at the sides at 7th month. With that being said there was alot of cases on a site that had a clinic that worked with finasteride and min. They had cases where people got even better after their 6 or 8 month compared to 15 month or even 20 month. This stuff takes time, take that from someone who quit after just 4 months just bc didnt got what desired. Now its the second round but this time there will be no quitting.
Well that’s good to hear, thank you. I will definitely give it a long time. I have no intention of considering stopping. Just looking to see what else I can do to improve things or speed things along

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In your opinion do you think the meds have aged you or is it the hairloss
First of all I’ve put on about 15KG so it’s my weight and second of all it’s skincare. I’ve been on meds for 6 months so they haven’t made a difference

joseph castelli

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical I don't think you would get sides from that! I've been on both and still haven't got sides although I don't wanna risk doing that forever.

Yeah you're right though. I was thinking about adding RU but I'm not sure.
If I am reading this correctly, you are on both topical finasteride and oral at the same time? What is the dosage of both?