Help please Greg Williams v Richard Rogers in London

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I only really shown up in concealers forum here, but would like to ask if anyone has any info as to who produces better results. I see Williams on telly quite a lot, and you see him go through the consultations and surgery, but never have they shown the outcome.

I've had a meet with Rogers, but he only wants to do strip, and I'd rather have the FUE, just because I'm a coward, but I've now seen 2 x consultants, and both have offered me FUT, the strip method.

Only reason I ask is because I saw Williams do FUE on a completely horse shoe head. I thought strip is offered to people with greater loss?

I have diffuse thin all over now, and nothing anymore on crown. Thick back and sides though, but a life of Dermmatch and Nanogen has now come to a sticky end, and at desperation point.

Please can you help with some decisions, because I've now got to the point where it's a must have.

If I don't want to take Propecia, is minoxidil a help to front and back while waiting for transplant?
Or has something wonderful come up in recent years I don't know about?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
FUE is better, leaves little visable scarring, but costs more. if u can afford either, then u should go for a FUE. forget these two guys, and find someone who does it. i have a feeling others will give the same advice. btw it should not matter what they offer you. if u want a FUE and have the money, they should do it.

btw i have no transplant, but if i did get one i would save for a FUE.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FUE is better, leaves little visable scarring, but costs more. if u can afford either, then u should go for a FUE. forget these two guys, and find someone who does it. i have a feeling others will give the same advice. btw it should not matter what they offer you. if u want a FUE and have the money, they should do it.

btw i have no transplant, but if i did get one i would save for a FUE.

Thanks, but why forget them, are they both no good?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
i have no idea. do some research on them, (asking on a forum isnt really research, u mainly get skewed opinions)

but if u want to get a FUE and they only offer to do FUT, then i guess they are not right for u.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have no idea. do some research on them, (asking on a forum isnt really research, u mainly get skewed opinions)

but if u want to get a FUE and they only offer to do FUT, then i guess they are not right for u.

They did, but at the time I had no knowledge of FUE so didn't ask about it. But as they recommended it I assumed there was a reason for it, Certainly appears to be easier option for them probably?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They did, but at the time I had no knowledge of FUE so didn't ask about it. But as they recommended it I assumed there was a reason for it, Certainly appears to be easier option for them probably?

How about Ziering, or Mr Ball who is there, any good reports for them? Anyone...

Dr Rogers

Reaction score
FUE vs strip

There are advantages and disadvantages for both techniques, some of which matter to some people more than others plus depends on the patient characteristics. I've done strip hair transplant since 1996 and FUE since 2003 and I don't see this debate as black and white.

Briefly and in general:

Younger men, often have short hair as a fashion, especially if they are thinning. This could reveal a strip scar.
Older guys, often have the longer hair style they've had for years and will never go short enough to reveal the strip scar.
Therefore FUE tends to be more important to younger patients I see.

Younger patient's strip scars cosmetically don't heal as well as older guys (40+) and so favours FUE as a choice. The flip side is that a patient who has extensive baldness and is 50 years old and never had a buzz cut gains no advantage from FUE but gains most from strip. In many older guys, they can buzz cut and the strip scar is still invisible, because their strip scars generally heal so well.

Strip surgery gives more grafts ultimately, so a Norwood 6 man is likely to have a better overall result with it, than FUE, especially in the older man.
The young guy might accept fewer FUE grafts for the benefits of retaining the buzz cut look.

Some patients just don't like the idea of strip - fair enough but it isn't as simple as one technique is better than another. Plus, sometimes it's the patient's budget that dictates to them.

So if I've suggested strip rather than FUE in this patient, it's probably for the reasons above, although there will be patient led reasons too.
Hope it helps the poster below.

Hi guys, I only really shown up in concealers forum here, but would like to ask if anyone has any info as to who produces better results. I see Williams on telly quite a lot, and you see him go through the consultations and surgery, but never have they shown the outcome.

I've had a meet with Rogers, but he only wants to do strip, and I'd rather have the FUE, just because I'm a coward, but I've now seen 2 x consultants, and both have offered me FUT, the strip method.

Only reason I ask is because I saw Williams do FUE on a completely horse shoe head. I thought strip is offered to people with greater loss?

I have diffuse thin all over now, and nothing anymore on crown. Thick back and sides though, but a life of Dermmatch and Nanogen has now come to a sticky end, and at desperation point.

Please can you help with some decisions, because I've now got to the point where it's a must have.

If I don't want to take Propecia, is minoxidil a help to front and back while waiting for transplant?
Or has something wonderful come up in recent years I don't know about?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed this reply... I get the argument for and against here, thanks for taking the time to reply to it. And glad you're watching. There's not enough info about you online Dr Rogers and think we need a bit more up here. Does anything in what you say, mean more or less for diffuse thinners? I get mixed replies to it.