help please. finasteride sides

The Duke

Reaction score
HI

I am new here and I hope you can help mere.

I have read many topics here but I want to get some advice.
I am a guy on 21 from Denmark I have been on Proscar/Propecia for almost two years now. During that period I have lost hair but it seems like it has stopped now. I have lost lots of hair from the hairline and on the middle of the head. I have never experienced loss on the crown. The problem is the sides... Last month I startet to split the proscar pills into 15 pieces and I feel no difference. ( I did not now that even such a small does has eny effect, is that really possible???) My sex-drive is very low because of finasteride.

Last week I bought minoxidil with azelaic acid from genhair.com. I am using it now, and my hair is shedding right now. That should be normal.

I do not want to continue with Proscar. I want to block the DHT but there a 1000 of products. After reading many topics I think I will buy the folligen lotion. Is it possible to combine that with minoxidil? Do you know a good shampoo that also helps blocking the DHT and maybe makes the hair feel thick? I don`t want to use too many products...

What do you think about it? Topical spironolactone lotion, flutamide lotion and Finasteride lotion could also be ideas.
I will also try with MSM or multivitamins.

Sorry for my poor english. Hope you can help

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
stop the finasteride, i even had sides on 0.25mg finasteride and was losing my hair on that dose...

keep the minoxidil

try topical spironolactone 5% from minoxidil.com, this is an anti-androgen.

Combine this with home made zix (zinc sulfate+ b6), you can see instructions on http://www.advinfoprod.com/hair_loss_treatment_1.htm

use some helpfull supplements like fish-oil, borage-oil, zinc-sulfate, flax-sdg, nettle root, green tea etc... together they can slow hairloss

saw palmetto could also be usefull but there will be a chance of side effects similair to finasteride

you can also use a copper-peptide like folligen or tricomin for a couple times a week

G

I wouldn´t stop finasteride. Why not try whether your sides go away with a lower dosage? Everyone is different when it comes to finasteride. I personally am planning to stay on 1mg/day and see what I can grow back until then and will reduce my dosage afterwards in order to mantain what I have until HM comes out.

Nizoral shampoo is recommended by many people, you should find it in a pharmacy. The active ingredient is Ketoconazole, the Dansk spelling should be similiar to this.

Good Luck!

The Duke

Reaction score
thanks

thanks!

I will stop taking finasteride. The problem is that I cut my my proscar into 15 pieces for a period and even then I could feel the sides. And that is only 0.33 mg each day.

Maybe I should try with the spironolactone lotion. That is probably the best way fight DHT???

Reaction score
I'm currently trying Miox, and tricomin, and a good conditioner..

Collegechemist has some great articles about disolving finasteride into alcohol.. To get even lower dose

jzw

Reaction score
Re: thanks

The Duke said:
thanks!

I will stop taking finasteride. The problem is that I cut my my proscar into 15 pieces for a period and even then I could feel the sides. And that is only 0.33 mg each day.

Maybe I should try with the spironolactone lotion. That is probably the best way fight DHT???

How do you manage to cut proscar to 15 pieces? I just got it today and the pills are so small.