Help out the only scientist currently working and updating a cure.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Bargouthi is currently trialing and testing veteporfin in hair transplants. So far he’s had pretty decent results but needs support to continue these trials. Stay updated and help if possible here, verteporfin.org even if you have no money staying updated and spreading the word helps.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on what I see, there is no evidence that this works. The hairs you see could be grafts that were missed. No one is going to throw their hard earned money to what could be a con artist.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Bargouthi is currently trialing and testing veteporfin in hair transplants. So far he’s had pretty decent results but needs support to continue these trials. Stay updated and help if possible here, verteporfin.org even if you have no money staying updated and spreading the word helps.
I wouldn't say his results have been overwhelming (quite modest) but at least he's working out something which could be improved in time. At least he's doing something with humans, the rest of them are too chicken$#!+ to cross over to the human model.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say his results have been overwhelming (quite modest) but at least he's working out something which could be improved in time. At least he's doing something with humans, the rest of them are too chicken$#!+ to cross over to the human model.
I do admire the men who volunteer to be test subjects. But that's about it. There is no way to determine if those hairs in the test area are in fact new hairs and not transected hair follicles that are now regrowing.

1669899725775.png

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do admire the men who volunteer to be test subjects. But that's about it. There is no way to determine if those hairs in the test area are in fact new hairs and not transected hair follicles that are now regrowing.

View attachment 183780
I think your argument is sound. Upon hearing others mention it as well it seems there is a chance this is the case. Let's take a look at FAK inhibitors. Wounds have been made in pigs and they healed with new skin and hairs. It's not like this wound healing process is impossible then. My concern is though it works, it seems results show hair at roughly 50% normal density once regrown. The thing is we want 100% density or near that. What has to be done in order to accomplish this objective? I'm wondering if the amount or concentration of the FAK inhibitor needs to be changed or something needs to be added with it in order for the hair density to be better. Sadly, I have no knowledge of what to do since I am not in the profession. I can only guess.

One thing that can be useful is when these new studies are published that look promising, they should be forwarded to dermatologists and dermatology departments at hospitals, colleges, etc. Believe it or not, I forwarded an article about FAK inhibitors to a dermatology department of a hospital and the doctors (as far as I could tell) had no idea regarding the research. Ultimately, if we can get the information into the right hands perhaps, they will do something with it, hopefully leading to clinical trials. As I tell in many of my posts, I wish the medical world would take hair loss seriously as they did with Covid-19, because if they did, we'd have a cure a lot sooner. Really, they should care because being able to reverse fibrosis/scarring (like in scarred skin) is the key to curing other deadly diseases.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your argument is sound. Upon hearing others mention it as well it seems there is a chance this is the case. Let's take a look at FAK inhibitors. Wounds have been made in pigs and they healed with new skin and hairs. It's not like this wound healing process is impossible then. My concern is though it works, it seems results show hair at roughly 50% normal density once regrown. The thing is we want 100% density or near that. What has to be done in order to accomplish this objective? I'm wondering if the amount or concentration of the FAK inhibitor needs to be changed or something needs to be added with it in order for the hair density to be better. Sadly, I have no knowledge of what to do since I am not in the profession. I can only guess.

One thing that can be useful is when these new studies are published that look promising, they should be forwarded to dermatologists and dermatology departments at hospitals, colleges, etc. Believe it or not, I forwarded an article about FAK inhibitors to a dermatology department of a hospital and the doctors (as far as I could tell) had no idea regarding the research. Ultimately, if we can get the information into the right hands perhaps, they will do something with it, hopefully leading to clinical trials. As I tell in many of my posts, I wish the medical world would take hair loss seriously as they did with Covid-19, because if they did, we'd have a cure a lot sooner. Really, they should care because being able to reverse fibrosis/scarring (like in scarred skin) is the key to curing other deadly diseases.
I would take 50% and less scar tissue honestly. I would consider that a major win. Imagine a Norwood 7 getting the frontal third covered with hardly any scarring as consequence and just having a buzz cut. It's a major improvement.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this the next Dr. Brotzu??? whatever happened to that lying a**h** and his son???