Help on deciding treatment?

IndoScot

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope you can help me. I've been losing hair for more than 10 years mostly around the temples. But the last 2 years have been particularly bad for diffused thinning over my front (see attached pic) and crown. Could anyone suggest what would be the most effective treatment for my situation? 1) finasteride 2) minoxidil 3) Transplant or a combination of these? Would appreciate all your opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

P.S I had already undergone a transplant 3 years ago but was given a half hearted job by a surgeon who shall remain nameless. But I am willing to go under the knife once more if it will be more effective.

Attachments

• IMG_20130207_193628.jpg
    IMG_20130207_193628.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 28072012746.jpg
    28072012746.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 137

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks rudimentary. Is minoxidil effective on the front as well?

No one can tell for sure. It works for some and doesn't for others. You have to try it yourself to see if it works. I have been on The Big Three for over a year and to be honest, not sure what to tell ...

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I would also recommend you try the big three before you go the transplant route. Who knows maybe you'll have amazing regrowth, I've seen some amazing results. If after two or so years you aren't satisfied with the results you can think about transplantation.