Help New Users With The Hair System

David1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
Iv been looking at this forum and noticed people stop responding at soon as they ask for help in what they need, what type of glue/tape/hair system. I noticed northwest lace has a good system for $175 which I will be ordering but like most people I don't know what's to do next, what type of glue is good? What type of tape is good? What other sprays do we need?
I live in NY and I found someone that will
fitt the system to your head, gluing/taping , coloring/bleaching ( if needed) , and cutting your hair for $175 which is not cheap. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
I an attaching what my bald head looks like

Attachments

• IMG_2422.JPG
    IMG_2422.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 256

Noah

Reaction score
Hi David

I guess mostly people take the information they need from the forum, get the hair (or decide it's not for them) and then move on to more upbeat topics (apart from a few sad types like me). Better that than hanging around for years bemoaning the cruelty of fate, like certain other forums one could mention.

Anyway, let me try to help. The first thing you need to do is make a template. You need that for a custom system, but you also need it if you are going to get a stock system, so that you can trim it down to the right size. There are several good YouTube videos showing you how to make a template. Here is one to start you off:

Adhesives work differently on different people, so you may need to experiment a bit to get the best hold. If you are thinking of a lace system, a good starter combo might be Walkers No-Shine tape for the back and sides, and Davlyn Black glue or Walker 3-mil tape for the hairline.

I did a long list of all the possible supplies you might need a few weeks ago. I'll find it and re-post it for you.

US$175 for a cut-in is very steep, even by big city standards. There is nothing much involved in taping the system, and it shouldn't need dyed or bleached, because it should be an exact colour match to start with. If I were you I would look around to see if you can get a better price than that.

Noah

David1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response
I just looked at a few videos of the templates, what is the template used for once we cut it out?

Noah

Reaction score
For a custom piece you send the template to the supplier, and the piece is made to the exact shape of the template. For a stock piece, you keep the template, and when the stock piece arrives, you pin the template onto it (matching the hairline of the template to the hairline of the piece) and you cut the hairpiece to the shape of the template.