HELP NEEDED, with the application of minoxidil....

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hiya guys, was just wondering, as i am a diffuse thinner, and have to spread the application of minoxidil over such a large area, is 1ml still enough twice a day? i mean for people who are just applying it to their crown, they are putting much more on a smaller area, but with me i have to put it on the whole top and crown of my head, and thats a much bigger area.

thanks.

Goingat20

Reaction score
1.5 ml should be ok, try not to exceed that

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
isit true that you dont have to put the minoxidil on every part of where its thinning and that it spreads out under the scalp? i read that somewhere. i try and put it fully on the whole affected area tho.

Goingat20

Reaction score
yes minoxidil does spread out to some degree, but your applications should be directed towards the thinning areas.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeh thats what i do. just a big area to cover will a ml thats all. i have kirkland minoxidil. r all brands about the same in quality? i was thinking maybe after a years supply moving to the 15% once a day application but im not sure.

nostromo

Reaction score
Re: brands etc....don't sweat it. None of the stuff in them makes any difference. You will not become more hairy by changing brands.
I have been spreading it all over the affected area. Used the spray, the dropper and the nozzle. Also tried 1.5 and 1 ml. No difference. Again, extra hair will not result.
My suggestion....buy a wig.
Sorry.
:freaked2:

beaner

Reaction score
nostromo said:
Re: brands etc....don't sweat it. None of the stuff in them makes any difference. You will not become more hairy by changing brands.
I have been spreading it all over the affected area. Used the spray, the dropper and the nozzle. Also tried 1.5 and 1 ml. No difference. Again, extra hair will not result.
My suggestion....buy a wig.
Sorry.
:freaked2:

Almost every post you've made has been anti-minoxdil. Sorry if it isn't working for you, but it works well for many people. I've grow a lot of hair with minoxidil and thickened up the rest as do many others. You've made your point that you don't like it, now stop trying to deter others from using it.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^i agree.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If minoxidil does not work..its fine...But the thing is it fucks you up further. Till a month ago, I was an NW2 and almost able to hide my hairloss....Today after shedding like CRAZY after minoxidil applications my hairline has receded like crazy and hair density has become so fucked up...cant even hide the receding temples now. :(

nostromo

Reaction score
Beaner...actually the majority of my posts are questions, which have been replied to very helpfully over the months. Don't know where you get the majority of negative posts from....
Anyway, I am not trying to deter people pal.
Just stating my experience.
If that freaks you out, sorry.
Chill fella.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
If minoxidil does not work..its fine...But the thing is it fucks you up further. Till a month ago, I was an NW2 and almost able to hide my hairloss....Today after shedding like CRAZY after minoxidil applications my hairline has receded like crazy and hair density has become so fucked up...cant even hide the receding temples now. :(

mate stick with it, iv heard too many posts about shedding, i think you just got ride it out. it makes it worse the longer ur hair is coz it looks like ur losing more. at the mo mines on like a number 1.5 or summin. anyways stay with it, it wont happen overnight.