Help Needed- 2nd and 3rd sheds....

johnogroats

Reaction score
I had a small initial shed on propecia/ minodoxil, then a big one after 2.5 years. I'm having another one now (4.5 years in). Well, at least I hope it's a shed and not the drugs losing effect.

How many sheds have other long term users had, has your hair recovered and how far spread apart were they?

A lot is written about your first shed but not much thereafter.

Any help much appreciated.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a shed after 3 years but i had stopped using it for 3 months... that was from about Jan-March this year... i think im recovering now, but lost ground. minoxidil prob didnt help.

As far as the rest of the time goes... i was just losing hairs at a normal rate. Never really had a noticeably massive shed, but then i was just taking the Proscar and not analysing my hair like i have been for the last 6 months... so its hard to know. Your not going to stop taking it anyway, so just accept that what ever happens is whatever happens and your doing all you can.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
The treatments cause many hairs to synchronize thier growth cycle so in theory you will have synchronized sheds when they all enter telogen at roughtly the same time. 2.5-2 years seems about right for a growth period

johnogroats

Reaction score
I hope you're right mate- it's just worrying as no-one ever really seems to mention getting these 2/4/6 yr sheds.