Help me with my situation friends... Pics included

Justintwix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a 26 year old law student. I noticed my hair starting to get thin around 24 years old. I've never had a "straight" hairline, however I noticed more shedding especially during exam time. I am defintely balding as you can see from the pictures below.

Here is my situation: I started Proprecia about 1 year ago. Around a couple months in I noticed the sheedding ceased for the most part. I would still see approx 10 hairs in the morning when putting product in my hair, but nothing too crazy

I stopped proprecia for 1 week because I was out of town and couldnt get my hands on my prescription. I have since restarted it about 2 weeks ago, but I have noticed increasing sheddding. When I wet my hair and put my hands through my hair, I will loose approx 2-3 hairs each time. I recently started on minoxidil (3 weeks).

My question is the following.... Finesteride did work for me in the past... What could be the possible reason that it hasnt been working as well since that 1 week off period. Also I am going for a hair transplant next year.

What do you guys think.... What are my options???

The first pic is after 1 year of proprecia

The next 3 pics are current pics

Current 1.jpgcurrent hair wet 1.jpgHair dry current.jpgMay 2012.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

SORRY

1st pic--- current (wet hair)
2nd pic--- current (wet hair)
3rd pic---- current (dry hair)

4th pic--- May 2012 (dry hair with some product)

I loose approx 50 hairs a day that I notice... I could be loosing more

- - - Updated - - -

Also what norwood am I ?

trends_to_infinity

Reaction score
I wont suggest taking propecia, because of its effects with Potency. I would rather suggest Mulitivitamis with Zinc, Minoxidil and Laser Comb every 3 days. Also supplement with Nizoral shampoo every 3rd day,

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
I wont suggest taking propecia, because of its effects with Potency. I would rather suggest Mulitivitamis with Zinc, Minoxidil and Laser Comb every 3 days. Also supplement with Nizoral shampoo every 3rd day,

You're recommending the lasercomb but telling him to keep off of Propecia?? :listen:

Do your research. Lasercomb is a waste. Propecia has side effects in about 5% of users.

resu

Reaction score
Don't take zinc supplements either, while they're good in right proportions and from actual food sources they're very bad for hair if you overdose, among other potential risks.

Basically take finasteride and try a topical for the hairline.

You look to be nw2 going into 3.