Help me with a new regime...

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a new bench and am capable of doing incline/decline and arm curls and legs.
My objectives: obviously build muscle but mainly in the chest and arms.

What should I do during the week and what should I eat to maximize results?

I also need something to do my tri's. what excersize is best for that or what other equipment do i need?

Thanks for the advice.

I have a few weeks to get a good routine. The first two weeks will be for getting me in the habit of lifting again. You guys know how that goes.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Eating

Vegetables!!!!!!!!!
Chicken breast
3 protein shakes a day
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches!!!!!!!
Bananas
and oh yea VEGETABLES!!!!!

CCS

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
Eating

Vegetables!!!!!!!!!
Chicken breast
3 protein shakes a day
Bananas

If you eat peanut butter, make sure you get the organic stuff that does not say "hydrogenated" in the ingredients.

The best protein source you can eat is canned mackerel. It is cheaper than chicken breast and has better protein value and omega-3's and almost no mercury.

I think protein shakes are a waste of money. Just have 20g of whey protein with some orange juice after your workout, then make sure you get 20g of protein in each of your meals. rolled oats are good for meals.

Your chest can't get really strong unless you build a strong back. Once you are pressing 250 or higher, you can start ripping stuff in your back if your back is not strong enough to hold everything together.

Jm0311

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Jm0311 said:
Eating

Vegetables!!!!!!!!!
Chicken breast
3 protein shakes a day
Bananas

If you eat peanut butter, make sure you get the organic stuff that does not say "hydrogenated" in the ingredients.

The best protein source you can eat is canned mackerel. It is cheaper than chicken breast and has better protein value and omega-3's and almost no mercury.

I think protein shakes are a waste of money. Just have 20g of whey protein with some orange juice after your workout, then make sure you get 20g of protein in each of your meals. rolled oats are good for meals.

Your chest can't get really strong unless you build a strong back. Once you are pressing 250 or higher, you can start ripping stuff in your back if your back is not strong enough to hold everything together.

I meant protein shakes as in Whey Protein. take in more than your body weight a day!

Canned Mackeral? is that a kind of fish? or clam thing?

what does the OJ do?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
What about protein bars? Some have a ton of protein in them and can be alot easier to consume throughout the day.

Jm0311

Reaction score
and alot of sugar.. you can have a few..i wouldnt recommend them as much...

CCS

Reaction score
orange juice has sugar to get to your muscles fast after a workout. mackerel is a small fish.

Jm0311

Reaction score
i wonder if orange juice would taste good in my vanilla cream whey...hmm