Help me please! 16 yr male (pictures)

Jg5833

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I’m 16 years old and about 2 months ago I started noticing thinning in my hair and lots of hair loss in the shower. My dermatologist said it’s most likely stress related but I’ve changed my lifestyle significantly and I’m not noticing a change. Still getting worse. I’d really appreciate if someone who knows what there talking about could take a look and explain what’s happening here and maybe how to start fixing it . Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 195

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's stress related, you may be suffering from Telogen Effluvium
Stress can also accelerate genetic male pattern baldness however, so take monthly pics of your hairline / crown and if it gets worse then go back to your doctor and they'll be able to diagnose you and start appropriate treatment for an under 18 year old. For now, your hair looks fine at the temples (a mature hairline) but it looks like the crown is quite thin, so keep monitoring that

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have any bald area, not receding hairline, not baldspot. At teens, everybody start to loose hair and adults loose hair, problem is if is not regrowth. Adults loose around 50 to 100 hairs everyday, kids don't . Congratulation, you are not longer a kid.

jazz1

Reaction score
See a dermatologist first.