HELP ME!!! Pics Included!

RandyDandy

Reaction score
Hey I already posted somthing here, but I only got one responce, anyways, this is different because now I actually have some pics.

Take a look.

From reading up on this site, it seems like I would be a good candidate for propecia... but I'm worried about only being 18/ stilll growiing... what it would do to me.

I hope I get some more help now that I've posted some pics on my situation.

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/randyschimdt/index.html

Thanks

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dosn't look like you have male pattern baldness.

At the most, your hairline is maturing. At the MOST!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
ok guys. It's hard to tell from pictures if he's losing his hair. That doesn't mean he's not. I can remember everyone telling me I was crazy for the first few years I was losing my hair as I'm sure it has happened to many of us here.
Going on Propecia if you feel like you're still growing may not be a good idea. This is a tough call and i don't think anyone here would be able to give you a definite answer. Honestly you should go to a Dr. and get a professional opinion on your hair loss. Try to find a Dermatologist that specailizes in hair loss.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
ok guys. It's hard to tell from pictures if he's losing his hair. That doesn't mean he's not. I can remember everyone telling my I was crazy for the first few years I was losing my hair as I'm sure it has happened to many of us here.
Going on Propecia if you feel like you're still growing may not be a good idea. This is a tough call and i don't think anyone here would be able to give you a definite answer. Honestly you should go to a Dr. and get a professional opinion on your hair loss. Try to find a Dermatologist that specailizes in hair loss.

I agree wholeheartedly. No one believes I'm losing my hair still. It's a mixed blessing. I can still pull off looking fine but its a mind f***. Anyway, the only person who knows best is yourself. You know your hair. Get to the doctor and see what they say.

G

RandyDandy please ignore those on this forum who think you have no hair loss problems, infact on closer inspection I can see you may have phalacrophobia.

Best of luck fighting this burden.

untitled17qg.jpg

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
BadHairDecade said:
ok guys. It's hard to tell from pictures if he's losing his hair. That doesn't mean he's not. I can remember everyone telling my I was crazy for the first few years I was losing my hair as I'm sure it has happened to many of us here.

Joe

I agree wholeheartedly. No one believes I'm losing my hair still. It's a mixed blessing. I can still pull off looking fine but its a mind f***. Anyway, the only person who knows best is yourself. You know your hair. Get to the doctor and see what they say.

Amen, brother. Amen.

RandyDandy

Reaction score
Thanks this has helped a lot so far, actually its made me feel a bit better... although looking at the pictures again, they're not that great. My temples look a lot thinner in real life..

My hair looks its best when it is really short. I dont' know what that means, maybe I just have a weird hair formation, because when it gets long, it looks really thin there.

It just pisses me off that all my buds can just take (for instance) putting and taking a hat off for granted.. everytime I take off my hat, I have to comb my hair down so that it looks more full.

I'm probably at fault for paying attention to it more than other ppl, but I know its happeneing, and I used to have a better hairline.. I hope its only maturing a bit, it is really disapointing that I can't have any other hairstyle besides a buzz cut so that it doesn't look like I"m balding..

when my hair is longer 2 of my friends ahve pointed out that it looks like my hair is receding.

I don't know what phalacrophobia is... I"ll look into that.
Thanks

RandyDandy

Reaction score
hmmm.. fear of balding....

I am afraid of balding. so that is true I guess... this issue causes a lot of stress in my life.. But only because I feel that there is reason behind it.. my temples are horrible... the rest of my head I can tug in any direction and it bounces right back and looks full and normal... I move the hair around my temple, and it just moves and uncovers scalp.

I dunno Id like sum more input. I guess I"ll try to put more pictures up that show what I'm trying to say.. in the mean time thanks so far for what u've said

G

Whys your head green, you been useing Folligen :uglylol:

To me, you look as though your starting to thin a little, top middle behind your hairline, or is that just the pic.

Distressed

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
phalacrophobia

RandyDandy said:
hmmm.. fear of balding....

I am afraid of balding. so that is true I guess...

we all have this fear. If we didn't we wouldn't be here :wink:

RandyDandy

Reaction score
I think the light shows thru and U can sortta see a little of my scalp.. I think its more of the picture cuz I think every angle of my hair u can see sum scalp when the light penetrates it.

I'm not really worried about that really..
I"m more worried about my temples moving in.. and its so confusing for me, because I've always been a little blonde around my temples, so I see thesee more fine blonde hairs around my temples, and I can't tell if they are hair disapearing.. or if they are normal..

I know I don't look like a lot of ppl on this site, but I do feel like my hair is receding a bit, and as much as I want to wait to seee if its just maturing a bit, I don't want to lose all those little blonde hairs and then never have a chance of growing them back..

I don't know, I"m going to take some pictures tommmarow morning, so you can see what a night of rolling around does to my hair, because for most people it will just bounce right back, but my hair like sticks together almost.

It might just be my sort of hair, I'm scottish/ curly hair, so its possible, I'll take some pictures tommarow morning tho.

Thanks so far

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't think you have mentioned this but normally the indicater to people losing their hair is hairloss...by that i mean you notice more hair than normal when you brush, wash your hair. So, you noticed any excess loss

You could try the pull test. As your hair is short make scissors with your fingers near the temple and trap some hair and pull, not to softly, not to hard...see how many hairs come out. Or, get a white piece of paper and scruff your hair over it, then see how many came out...When i did this before starting treatment i had about 15 hairs.