Help Me Make The Right Choice For Fue Surgery

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I am 30 years old, started losing my hair about 4 years ago and I am a Norwood 4 / 5 at the moment. I am based in the UK.

I tried Minoxidil and finasteride for a year in 2017 but side effects forced me to stop them both.

I have had some consultations already with some UK clinics and a couple of foreign clinics.

The general consensus is that my donor capacity is around 6000 grafts and that I would need around 3000 - 3500 to cover my hairline and front third. I would need another approx 2000 to cover my crown.

The surgeons from UK all said that I should not do all 5000 grafts in one sitting as this will damage my donor area and it is too much for one procedure. I should do it 6 to 12 months apart and this way they can be safer. The Turkish clinics are saying to do all at once.

I feel more comfortable doing this over two procedures just in case. I also would be more comfortable with a very experienced surgeon who has one patient per day and is very hands on and involved in the procedure (rather than a technician heavy procedure). Apart from the implantation part which i understand most clinics use technicians to do.

My budget is £2 (£2.5 max at a push) per graft and I do not mind travelling.

Does anyone have any recommendations to which clinics to approach?

FYI I have already approached:

Belgium: Dr ********, Dr Lupanzala and Dr Feriduni.

Turkey: Dr Yaman

UK: Dr Ball

Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated! I have attached my photos for info.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Hair 1.png
    Hair 1.png
    470.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Hair 2.png
    Hair 2.png
    339.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Hair 3.png
    Hair 3.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Hair 4.png
    Hair 4.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Hair 5.png
    Hair 5.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 229

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend Dr Maras, Dr ******** or Dr Fereduni.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Lupanzala has a great reputation as well. He does all the surgery himself. The drawback to that however is that because only one person does the whole surgery its possible for the results to suffer slightly because of tiredness, fatigue etc. Dr Maras does most of the surgery himself with some help from the technicians. In my opinion this is a better way to do it because it means Dr Maras wont get tired or suffer from fatigue to the same extent. Both Dr Maras and Dr B I S A N G A were taught by Dr Cole so they are both world class surgeons.

The Drawback to going to Turkey is that the surgeons there deal with numerous patients everyday which means its likely you wont be the focus of the surgery that day. That's where surgeons like Maras and B I S A N G A are preferable.

HLV

Moseshair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I had a consultation with a uk surgeon yesterday who recommended that I don't do any surgery because I might start getting hair loss in my donor area!
Strange because I have seen many surgeons and he is the 1st to say that!

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend Dr Maras, Dr ******** or Dr Fereduni.

HLV

Your post and the OP, why is there dr. ********?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go with B i s a n g a, Fereduni or Lupanzula in western europe all show good results and very good track records. If you're in London you can just take the train to Brussels 2 hours to some of those. Easy as pie. Alternatively B isanga is also got a clinic with Cole in Athens now for a lower price, or do it in Turkey (many do get very good results there just choose well). I would avoid anyone in the UK based on price and quality provided. So yes you're on the right path. Suggest doing a consultation with them, think Lupanzula can do skype calls sometimes, B isanga sometimes visit the UK on quick trips.