Help Me! Legal Advice Uk Fue Treatment

The Bob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post so thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I have viewed from afar for a number of years, taking in your stories and experiences.

I am hoping you can help me with a potential legal issue I might have with a surgery here in the U.K.

I am approximately 1 month Post FUE transplant. I paid for 2,000 grafts to fill my frontal hairline and crown and selected to have the ARTAS form of FUE.

The procedure on the day seemed to go well, the surgeon and his team really looked after me.

It was not until the END of the hair transplant session that he told me they'd only managed to transplant 1,400 grafts into my head as the ARTAS machine did not punch deep enough to harvest the other 600 grafts from my donar area.

The doctor went onto inform that because I was tall I could "get away with not having the crown done"...... I have a desk job, so people constantly see my balding crown

He has now told me that I have to go back in around 9 months time to finish off my crown which was not even touched during this initial process. He has told me that I will have to pay a fee to complete the process. This fee is yet to be confirmed.

Where do I stand legally with this? I am no lawyer but surely i have a case here as he did not contractually provide we with 2,000 grafts due to the problems with the ARTAS machine not harvesting deep enough and the lack of due diligence whilst carrying out the process.

Can I claim compensation for this mistake?

I am reluctant to pay out further as this procedure has already cost me ALOT of money and I have paid in full.

I paid to have the process completed in the UK for the aftercare, however I feel completely let down and very conscious that I don't have the finished article.

As stated above, I have no issue with the service or the 1,400 grafts the team transplanted.

Your thoughts, comments and experiences are appreciated.

The Bob

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have paid in full, that was your mistake. In the U.S. people usually pay by the graft so whatever 1400 came out to is what someone owed.

The Bob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Pequod, I agree however things work a little differently over here... but the same fundamentals apply, I only received 1400 grafts so I should only pay for 1400.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you paid with credit card you can always dispute charges with the credit card company.

jumpfrog

My Regimen
Reaction score
They sound like a bunch of cowboys. Why on earth would you pay twice?! This clinic should be named. If what you say is true, its true so there shouldn't be any worry doing that. Its also a great example of why the UK is one of the last places you should get a hair transplant.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Artas screwed up yet it is marketed as something that gets grafts accurately etc etc etc. you probably have a great case against makers of artas for consumer fraud. Imo, id file a medical complaint first along with a consumer complaint.

This is exactly why robots are not close to the human hand and skill of manual fue.

Best of luck