Help Me Decide To Do Fue Or Wait? (pics)

powerguy2011

Reaction score
Hi guys,

33 Years old here been suffering from hair loss since being 20 and it's going worse but at a very slow pace. I attached some photos of my current hair with/without concealer.

Propecia and minoxidil are out of question now because I tried them in the past 10 years either with no benefit or with side effects. The last dr I consulted asked me to stick with finasteride 6 months minimum before doing my first fue.

My question is if I want to use finasteride at all is it the proper age to start my first fue? or should I stick with concealer and wait it up for a few more years? or just give up and shave it up/use a hair system?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.18 PM.png
    468.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.39 PM.png
    878.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.19.56 PM.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 280

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is worthless for hairloss, and you need to taper into using finasteride. Then get a 4500 graft FUE, you will look way better. It's not too late to save it.

powerguy2011

Reaction score
Thx for your rep. Unfortunately, as I mentioned finasteride is not an option i tried reducing dose still same effects... I have strong donor hairs but still my pattern is kind of weird hairline and sides are strong but the top part is where the main issue as well as the crown

powerguy2011

Reaction score
Your hairloss was quite similar to mine, although, you do have a bit more hair than I did. I had a 3700 graft FUE transplant done. So far I'm 5 month's in and pretty happy with the growth.

They want you to stay on propecia before the transplant to prevent shockloss, should you be having a large session done in one go. I wasn't taking propecia and my donor area got completely fucked. I lost so much hair at the sides but it's been gradually filling back in over the last few month's.

You're 33. Your hairloss isn't going to improve at this stage if you're not taking finastride or minoxidil. You look like a good candidate for an FUE session, although I can't properly see your donor area. If you want a hair transplant then go for it now. If you want to shave it, well that's up to you.

Appreciate your input. Of course, I want to save my hair as I look much better than a shaved look. Thing is I consulted with best hair transplant surgeon in turkey dr Erdogan and he did not encourage me to do it. He said that my area of hair loss is large but there is quite a lot of hair there which are weak and not strong so he thinks that the odds of a shock loss are high in my case. But I feel that my hairstyle and length can contribute into bringing some of my side hair combing to the mid part with a good hair transplant maybe I can achieve what I want.. Just looking for more feedback on similar case am fed up with waiting for new treatments or having sexual side effects

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think at 33 your hairloss could be considered stable. You can go fill that crown, provided you use fina later.

powerguy2011

Reaction score
Are you sure you experienced real side effects on Finasteride and not placebo? There's a tiny minority that get temporary sides and may be you fell into that bracket unfortunately. I agree with the others in that you have to try to save the native hair first. Use topical Finasteride or other form of DHT inhibition. What benefit are you talking about since the job of the medication is primarily maintenance. If you got on it 10 years ago you should have give the medication a reasonable run.

Once the hair is gone it's not coming back as fibrosis and calcification is irreversible literally in every disease state towards the end. That's 30k worth of grafts naturally placed on top of which 70% look to be on their way out and cosmetically gone. There was a 70 year old man in the studies who grew close to a full head of hair on Dutasteride for prostate problems and was seemingly bald before. However, on microscopic examination the follicles were still producing minute hair so he was lucky it wasn't ultra aggressive as normally they close up.

Without keeping your native hair your transplants won't look anywhere as good but with your hair thickness and attempting 8000 grafts it may be quite nice with the right surgeon. But for this approach you'll have to lose more hair and then have surgery later which is tricky for several reasons.

Thx bro for your feedback. I am consulting with Asmed clinic which is based on this website one if the best in Turkey. Regarding propecia, I think the side was real as of emotionally I didn't want to perform on the bed rather than just cuddle and watch Netflix. I cant explain how I really felt but every time I start with the pill after a week or two this internal changes start in me which I think it's not worth it. Ppl keep encouraging me to try again including the guys in asmed clinic but I think if someone financially able to to do multiple hair transplant and have thick donor and hair maybe can get away with it?

Now regarding your suggestion, I was thinking instead of waiting up for more hair to fall why can't I perform like 4k grafts now and 4k later if there was more hair loss?

Also, I am thinking maybe until the time I do my first hair transplant maybe there will be a new medicine that can save my current hair other than finasteride?

powerguy2011

Reaction score
I think at 33 your hairloss could be considered stable. You can go fill that crown, provided you use fina later.

Wish that's true. Before 3-4 years the most obvious area was my crown and now its the top of my hair kind of looking like women pattern hair loss. I would like to get hair on the top part rather than wasting my donor hair on filling crown because I have been using Toppik for covering crown in the last decade