Help! I'm Getting Erectile Dysfunction After Taking Finasteride For 25 Days

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me what I can do here? Should I stop taking the drug? Important thing to say here is the first week of taking the drug I had low libido but it went away in the third week.Now fourth week in and I'm having full on erectile dysfunction. I can't even get 50% hard.Should I be worried? Is this gonna be permanent? I'm really scared. Help please...

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it for far less (1 week) and i still have ED 1 month later, my balls shrunk also and zero libido, I suggest tappering off the drug quit and hope for the best your body obviously does not agree with the medication.

Otherwise if your hair is that important you can continue and hope your body adjusts :rolleyes:

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get around 45% libido when aroused. And you said you took it for a week then too bad for me I took it for 25 days. Looks like I'll just quit hopefully I'll get Peter back.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck, try to cut all alcohol for couple months maybe more and get alot of sleep. Also dont masturbate too often while you are recovering.

I attribute my "crash" to all these things i did wrong

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck, try to cut all alcohol for couple months maybe more and get alot of sleep. Also dont masturbate too often while you are recovering.

I attribute my "crash" to all these things i did wrong
Alright bro thanks for the advice

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind your DHT levels should go back to normal within a few weeks or so at most so it shouldn't take that long to normalize. A lot of us have experimented with much harder drugs and things go back to normal within a month or two of stopping.

For example cyproterone is used to chemically castrate sex offenders and they go back to normal within 1-2 months. That was the timeframe I experienced as well after taking cyproterone.

Don't stress about it daily or it will make you neurotic. The bigger question is what to do for your hair next and there are no easy answers.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects mostly passed after arround four to five weeks for me.
Also I had ED on finasteride for arround 6 months and just continued taking it for vanity reasons. I mostly recovered after 3 weeks, even though ironically I can't get one up today in week four, but I attribute that mostly to being stressed and depressed af, since I had solid morning wood.

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind your DHT levels should go back to normal within a few weeks or so at most so it shouldn't take that long to normalize. A lot of us have experimented with much harder drugs and things go back to normal within a month or two of stopping.

For example cyproterone is used to chemically castrate sex offenders and they go back to normal within 1-2 months. That was the timeframe I experienced as well after taking cyproterone.

Don't stress about it daily or it will make you neurotic. The bigger question is what to do for your hair next and there are no easy answers.
Thanks for giving me such hope bro.As for my state now I'm not thinking about it too much and for my hair I'll let nature take its course, my dad is bald but from my mother's side noone is losing hair so let's see what happens.

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects mostly passed after arround four to five weeks for me.
Also I had ED on finasteride for arround 6 months and just continued taking it for vanity reasons. I mostly recovered after 3 weeks, even though ironically I can't get one up today in week four, but I attribute that mostly to being stressed and depressed af, since I had solid morning wood.
I hope the side effects aren't permanent as you said it goes away after 4 weeks.And I also hope you get back from depression. And don't stress about hair too much if you're losing it, just use things that doesn't give side effects

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope the side effects aren't permanent as you said it goes away after 4 weeks.And I also hope you get back from depression. And don't stress about hair too much if you're losing it, just use things that doesn't give side effects

I think PFS is very and often, not always, a mislabelling by people who never experienced a real depression or anxiety before. If it pushes you over the edge, you probably had some hormonal imbalance coming for you either way. So don't worry too much about it even if it takes longer than 4 months.

Well, I think it might be too late for me for other treatments, since I already had thinning hair. I gotta accept it until something better comes arround.

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Update*-I don't have full on erectile dysfunction anymore, it has been 7 days since I've stopped taking finasteride and I'm improving little by little.I can get 50% hard when I'm aroused which is better than no erection that I was having when I was taking finasteride.i hope I'll recover fully. I'll give it some more time

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it for a month, had the same issue as you. You should recover over the coming months

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might accelerate recovery by exercising. Work in some high intensity interval training and weights.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I probably had the worst sides of anyone on this forum. Your libido will return, just calm down. Taper off as others have suggested and you should return to normal. Other option is muscling through. Many people claim to have this happen around this time frame but push through and the body corrects itself. The biggest thing is to be calm and RELAX.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I probably had the worst sides of anyone on this forum. Your libido will return, just calm down. Taper off as others have suggested and you should return to normal. Other option is muscling through. Many people claim to have this happen around this time frame but push through and the body corrects itself. The biggest thing is to be calm and RELAX.
Check my thread please..... I am unable to relax & calm my mind.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...depression-anxiety-issue.115943/#post-1696220

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Update*-I don't have full on erectile dysfunction anymore, it has been 7 days since I've stopped taking finasteride and I'm improving little by little.I can get 50% hard when I'm aroused which is better than no erection that I was having when I was taking finasteride.i hope I'll recover fully. I'll give it some more time
Bro, whats your update Now ???

I took it for a month, had the same issue as you. You should recover over the coming months
Bro, kindly share your whole story of PFS recovery.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it for far less (1 week) and i still have ED 1 month later, my balls shrunk also and zero libido, I suggest tappering off the drug quit and hope for the best your body obviously does not agree with the medication.

Otherwise if your hair is that important you can continue and hope your body adjusts :rolleyes:
What about now ? Update ?

are you sure, that 1-2 month is enough ? My testestorene levels are normal,but dick got shrunk after taking 40 days finasteride. How much it will take for my body to adjust ?
You might accelerate recovery by exercising. Work in some high intensity interval training and weights.
I have started high intensity workout in gym. I can lift heavy weight.

TGTS23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post this here, because it was one of the threads I read while I was extremely anxious about the side effects of Finasteride 1mg.

I'm 35 years old, married for 6 and have two kids, a 6 year old and a 2 year old. Me and Mrs. are very sexually active, I'm a bit of a dog, and we do the deed anywhere from 3-9 times a week. If she passes me by and rubs her *** on me I'm ready to go. I get hard day dreaming on the bus ride to work, while morning wood is not a 100%, but I'd say it is around 60-70%, occurence.

I have always had thin/fine hair. From 2-3 years back, I people started comenting I was going bald, mostly on the crown area. I went to a dermatologist and got prescribed minoxidil 5mg.

I was never able to maintain a good regimen with minoxidil. I didn't like the way my hair felt or looked (oily) after I applied it, which made using it after the morning shower not attractive, as I didn't want to look like that for work.

I work on a office all day, so sometimes when I get home I don't shower, so I didn't apply it at night either. So I gave up on it, and in my hair in general. I even shaved my head a few times to show people and myself I didn't care about being bald.

Last month, I think I got a bit of mid-life crisis, and started to really care about my hair again. I started searching online and founf a bunch of sites and discussions talking about how only finasteride really worked, and that the side-effects were overblown and the horror stories were scaremonegring. So I convinced myself of that and started taking a daily 1mg dose of the stuff. Here is the timeline:

Finasteride 1mg daily dose on the morning:

Days 1-3: Throbbing morning wood and great sex. I was thinking "see, this is actually making me work even better!"

Day 4: Started to notice I wasn't thinking about sex as much, could get erections fine when stimulated, but just wasn't as interested.

Day 5: Loss of fullblown erection to about 70-80% while having sex. Chalked it up to being tired.

Day 6-10: Libido tanked. Some anxiety, could bet 90% erection with stimulation, but lacked interest in sex. Ejaculation very thin. No morning woods. Convinced myself while surfing forums to "power through" the side effects, since I could get an erection, decided my symptoms where psychological and would fade once my body adapted.

Day 11: Mind-penis disconnect! Terrifying sh*t! Woke up bursting to piss, but my penis was completely deflated, and I couldn't feel it, it was like I was holding the urine at the base of the penis, whereas before the feeling would be more toward the center and tip, and I would have had a full blown erection. Freaked out. No libido. No penis sensation. Threw away the stuff. Freaking out more because of reading about post-finasteride sindrome. Praying to God and begging to be bald and horny instead of hairy and limp.

Recovery:

Days 1-2: Still freaking out, no improvement, trying to remain calm.

Day 3: Noticing some engorgement while urinating. Half hearted sex with wife. She keeps calming me down saying that she will love me anyways, but that this will pass.

Days 4-6: Libido increasing, penile sensation returning. Better sex. Still no morning wood.

Day 7-9: Morning wood! Relief, libido at 85-90%, erections at 95%.

Day 10: (Today) I feel like I'm, if not back to normal, at 95% in general, erections at 100%.

I will never touch the stuff again. f*** this! People should be really warned about this crap, this thing can ruin lives. These were one of the most anxiety filled 20 days of my life. Nothing in my teen years shook me up like this.

Hell I really would like not to be bald and have a nice head of hair, but in exchange to be a neutered limp dick?! f*** no!

I will hold out hope for something with stem cell, hope it will be somewhat more affordable than surgery.

And thats that people.

No scaremongering here, just an honest account from someone who was scared shitless of having poisoned myself for the rest of my life for vanity, that while not stupid in and of itself, was stupid at the potential risks and tradeoffs.

Again! Rather be bald and horny than hairy and limp!

Thank God I recovered so quickly, my sentiments go out to those on longer recovery journeys, that is an incredibly tough journey, stay strong!

Knowell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there guys hope you're all doing well it's been a long time since I've quit finasteride and also been a long time since I've posted. So here's the update my ed is completely gone and I don't have any problems getting an erection as for my hair it's gone worse but have started using rogaine again so hopefully it will all be okay. I have to add I've used rogaine before and gotten amazing results so this time I'll have it again hopefully fingers crossed