Help. I'm Experiencing Chest Pain On Finasteride

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently on day 10 of taking finasteride and from day 1 and I have been experiencing a small sharp pain in my chest either in the top of my ribs or to the side of my ribs (it's mainly in the side of my ribs below my aimpit if that makes sense). Also the odd abdominal and shoulder pain. Breasts/Nipples are not tender or any change in appearance/no lumps but I'm fearing gyno.

I visited my doctor yesterday who didn't think it was gyno and perhaps due to my anxiety a lot of it was in my head. My anxiety has clinged to this side I guess to the point where I'm unsure if the pain is genuine or not.

I'm now unsure what to do. Since taking finasteride I feel so much better about my hairloss. I've tried dropping my dose to 0.5mg for the last couple of days but the pain is still there, although perhaps not as frequent.

I've read other threads but a lot seem to die out before the OP updates on the situation. Did any others experience the same as me? Did it pass? I was considering adding DIM/Zinc to my regime.

Last edited:

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experience it often and i'm not on any drugs. Do you feel like you can't take a deep breath in while being in pain?