Help: How Do You Apply Your Minoxidil?

Micao93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m planning to get the foam minoxidil. How would you apply it for the next day, according to the following;

First day - apply morning. Shower before sleeping, apply again.

Next day - shower...? Before applying, or do you just apply it?

Thanks

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m planning to get the foam minoxidil. How would you apply it for the next day, according to the following;

Thanks
Showring twice is too much.
Shower once per day (in the morning is best,hair will look thiker during all day).
Also the liquid gives better results.
Best of luck

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks
To answer your question, if you shower, dry your hair as well as you can with a towel. Some people use a hairdryer as well. That's your preference. Then apply your minoxidil. It needs several hours to work so showering after applying would simply wash it away.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just apply when I can. I wait 3-4hrs before showering if I apply before or wait till my hair is dry if I apply after showering. I only apply it once a day. I use the foam, squirt it directly on the scalp and rub it in.

Also, there is no evidence the liquid works better.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just apply when I can. I wait 3-4hrs before showering if I apply before or wait till my hair is dry if I apply after showering. I only apply it once a day. I use the foam, squirt it directly on the scalp and rub it in.

Also, there is no evidence the liquid works better.

its easier to get all the liquid directly onto the scalp through hair, if you have some hair. thats why it works better. for example people often talk about how well the foam works for styling. well if youre styling with it then its in the hair. and when its in the hair it doesnt grow hair.

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answers/foam-vs-liquid/

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
its easier to get all the liquid directly onto the scalp through hair, if you have some hair. thats why it works better. for example people often talk about how well the foam works for styling. well if youre styling with it then its in the hair. and when its in the hair it doesnt grow hair.

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answers/foam-vs-liquid/

I get it on the scalp just fine...if you put it directly on the scalp+rub it in, most gets on the scalp.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I get it on the scalp just fine...if you put it directly on the scalp+rub it in, most gets on the scalp.

That is good for you. Again it depends how much hair you have in the area. Its obviously impossible to put it directly on the scalp through a good amt of hair. But if its thin enough of course its possible.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the foam for about three months early this year. For me it didn't really work as it would get lost in the hair. I find the liquid better as I can spray it on and it gets straight to the scalp. I use twice a day. In the evening I use a bit extra and really rub it in. In the morning I just spray a bit on key areas.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is good for you. Again it depends how much hair you have in the area. Its obviously impossible to put it directly on the scalp through a good amt of hair. But if its thin enough of course its possible.

I have a lot of hair. You can get it on the scalp. Plus, you are rubbing it in. The liquid is not an option for me as it sheds my scalp with irritation.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of hair. You can get it on the scalp. Plus, you are rubbing it in. The liquid is not an option for me as it sheds my scalp with irritation.

LOL its a silly conversation. I get that you've had a different experience than the guy who posted directly above you, and that you disagree with the Columbia University renowned expert who I quoted above that ("For patients who are applying the medication to areas with a significant amount of hair, using the solution with a dropper applicator enables the medication to best reach the scalp") and countless people who have posted in this forum over the years. I don't doubt your experience, but you shouldnt doubt most everyone else's. Most people find it easier to get more of the liquid directly on the scalp than the foam. And that's why it's generally seen as more effective. Thats not debatable.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL its a silly conversation. I get that you've had a different experience than the guy who posted directly above you, and that you disagree with the Columbia University renowned expert who I quoted above that ("For patients who are applying the medication to areas with a significant amount of hair, using the solution with a dropper applicator enables the medication to best reach the scalp") and countless people who have posted in this forum over the years. I don't doubt your experience, but you shouldnt doubt most everyone else's. Most people find it easier to get more of the liquid directly on the scalp than the foam. And that's why it's generally seen as more effective. Thats not debatable.

To say it is more effective because it is easier to get on the scalp does not make sense. It may be easier for me to go to a restaurant than another restaurant but it does not make the food better. As long as you squirt the sh*t on your scalp directly and rub it in, then it gets on your scalp! I don't care if you quoted Moses who said otherwise.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It may be easier for me to go to a restaurant than another restaurant but it does not make the food better.

no, but it makes it more effective in getting you the food if youre not able to go there as often. and that of course is the point... somehow you have figured out a way to get a foamy substance through hair as completely as liquid, which is something that other people have not. so that is good, for you. but for most people the liquid has proven to be more effective. as a way to deliver minoxidil.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
no, but it makes it more effective in getting you the food if youre not able to go there as often. and that of course is the point... somehow you have figured out a way to get a foamy substance through hair as completely as liquid, which is something that other people have not. so that is good, for you. but for most people the liquid has proven to be more effective. as a way to deliver minoxidil.

It actually has been demonstrated that the foam is better absorbed and stays in the follicle longer. That is, of course, if you know how to apply it. Which apparently, according to you, people are unable to do that with hair (except me of course, I feel honored).

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It actually has been demonstrated that the foam is better absorbed and stays in the follicle longer. That is, of course, if you know how to apply it. Which apparently, according to you, people are unable to do that with hair (except me of course, I feel honored).

Not according to me, but according to professionals and almost every poster here over the years. Most people get more of the foam in the hair, and talk about how its thus more effective for styling, and less effective for hair growth. So yes you should feel honored.

Dan_18

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks

You don't want to shower for at least 4 hours after you apply Minoxidil. I shower, apply it and allow it to absorb throughout the day and then do the same thing the next day.