Help! Hair Falling Out From Nizoral?

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
I been using 1% nizoral twice a week for hair loss but stopped it. Once I stopped it my scalp got fairly irritated and I been thinning out and losing hair a lot. I noticed all the hair that had been falling out there has been a yellow like bulb attached. Can anyone help out?

Attachments

• BD86BE94-787E-4801-B786-A8FF92FFD7F1.jpeg
    BD86BE94-787E-4801-B786-A8FF92FFD7F1.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 325

Flagermus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a sebum plug. It's unclear exactly how bad they are for your scalp, but most of the information seems to suggest they can lead to inflammation, increased exposure to sebum DHT and perhaps block the follicles from receiving nutrients etc. So you should probably try to get rid of them. The fact that all of your shed hairs has them is of course also a warning sign. The best ways to remove them as far as I can find is shampoos containing salicylic acid (without SLS) like Neutrogena t/sal therapeutic shampoo (US version), you can also try to dissolve them by applying diluted apple cider vinegar after washing. I tried this myself on a patch with many sebum plugs and they seemed to have been dissolved, when looking at the patch in a 200x microscope. Clarifying shampoos could also be used.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After first use of nizoral shampoo, I lost over 500 hairs... It made my scalp so dry and burned. It never grew bavk. Most of my hair loss, lack of density in some places are made by this shampoo. It was in 2011-12... Don't remember exactly.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
After first use of nizoral shampoo, I lost over 500 hairs... It made my scalp so dry and burned. It never grew bavk. Most of my hair loss, lack of density in some places are made by this shampoo. It was in 2011-12... Don't remember exactly.

Sounds horrible.. I’m also suffering from a few thinning areas because of this >.<

Vul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first time I used nizoral to cure seb derm my hair felt so dry and I could see more hair strands coming off.
Don't really use it anymore as I recieved a keto 2% from my derma but would also like to know more.

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a sebum plug. It's unclear exactly how bad they are for your scalp, but most of the information seems to suggest they can lead to inflammation, increased exposure to sebum DHT and perhaps block the follicles from receiving nutrients etc. So you should probably try to get rid of them. The fact that all of your shed hairs has them is of course also a warning sign. The best ways to remove them as far as I can find is shampoos containing salicylic acid (without SLS) like Neutrogena t/sal therapeutic shampoo (US version), you can also try to dissolve them by applying diluted apple cider vinegar after washing. I tried this myself on a patch with many sebum plugs and they seemed to have been dissolved, when looking at the patch in a 200x microscope. Clarifying shampoos could also be used.

Alright so i've been using another 'sebum control' shampoo and it's helping slowly! Little less of an itch and a lot less plugging. Thanks mate :)

Max Austerlitz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the steps we recommend you to take for using coconut oil for hair loss:

1. Start by washing your hair with your choice of shampoo (skip the conditioner).

2. If your coconut oil has dried up, heat it in a bowl to make it soft.

3. Gently massage your scalp with the coconut oil, making sure you apply it on the roots as well. Massage it on for about three minutes, ensuring that the entire scalp has been covered.

4. Place a shower cap on your head, covering the oiled hair, and leave it on for 30-45 minutes. If you prefer, you can even leave it on all night, giving the oil more time to work its magic.

5. Wash it off with shampoo.

6. Repeat the treatment every time you wash your hair, which should be once or twice a week (twice is preferable).
checked:)