Help. Everywhere In The Uk Is Out Of Stock For Propecia.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely will report back! As it stands, I have 5 weeks left of generic but Propecia is still out of stock - I could have to persist with generic if Propecia is gonna be our of stock for a while.

Also, this morning I experienced yet again a worse than usual shower. Does feel like about 15% more shedding than what I was experiencing using Propecia consistently.

I know I’m repeating myself, but the real giveaway that I know generic is having a different effect on my body is my sex drive/urges are back to what they were pre-Propecia... I’ve noticed it in the last couple of weeks. I don’t want to cringe myself and others out so I’ll leave it there but I definitely feel drastically different in that department!
Thanks for this update Soundgarden- it's great that you are providing us with this research, I wish I had been as aware when I tried generics. It's really interesting about your sex drive, I wonder if there is a correlation. Good luck over the next few weeks, I'll be interested to see how it pans out!

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how people do on generics because for me finasteride stopped working around the time i started using generic (Activis from Superdrug so I assumed it was legit). However, I had 9 years of Propecia maintenance which seems about what people generally get... I'm on avodart now but it's still in the back of my mind that it could have been the generic that wasn't working. I'm not putting this out there to scare anyone or anything, just adding in my experience
What brand was written on the box?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this update Soundgarden- it's great that you are providing us with this research, I wish I had been as aware when I tried generics. It's really interesting about your sex drive, I wonder if there is a correlation. Good luck over the next few weeks, I'll be interested to see how it pans out!
I personally believe there is a difference between generic and branded in terms of delivery even though the active ingredient is the same it's the inactive agents which can sometimes cause the side effects.

https://www.simpleonlinepharmacy.co.uk/blog/propecia-vs-finasteride/

https://www.drfelix.co.uk/health-center/finasteride-vs-propecia/

Quote: Whilst the active ingredient (Finasteride) is the same for both Finasteride and Propecia, the inactive ingredients can be different, which can affect the side effects of the treatment.

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lloyd’s pharmacy have the generic and legit version propecia in stock, plus free prescription consult.

https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/uk/hair-loss

I think when my generic finasteride runs out in a month I’ll hop back on brand-name through Lloyd’s.

not getting any better for me since my switch. Definitely going through a shed which I imagine was induced by generic. Unless it’s a seasonal shed? But it’s just odd how I done 16 months or so on Propecia and it was consistent and all of a sudden I’m noticing more hair loss in the shower and less density after 6 weeks on generic fina.

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a little update as I near the end of my finasteride course, I definitely think the enforced switch from Propecia has been to my detriment. I’m starting to notice recession and loss of density, coinciding with more shedding.

hopefully when I get back on Propecia I’ll see some regrowing again and reduced shedding

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence but i think it's in your head, the only difference between generic and branded is inactive ingredients, as long as it is a reputable pharma company it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence but i think it's in your head, the only difference between generic and branded is inactive ingredients, as long as it is a reputable pharma company it shouldn't matter.

None taken. But nah it’s not in my head - I’ve one million % lost density over the past couple of months, and my temples have crept back slightly.

Aye, Propecia wasn’t perfect, it is no miracle drug, but I definitely shed less on that. Like I said earlier in the thread, I definitely experienced some sort of difference in my body when I begun taking generic fina because I noticed a massive surge in my sex drive

Before I even took out a prescription for generic fina I knew it was the inactive ingredients in the drug that I could react differently too.

Ultimately, I can’t prove anything. I could even be gong through a seasonal shed? All I know is that i have had a big decline in my hair in the past couple of months and coincidently that’s when I switched.

I wish I hadn’t noticed/felt a difference because I would have saved money in the long run!!

jazz1

Reaction score
I think when my generic finasteride runs out in a month I’ll hop back on brand-name through Lloyd’s.

not getting any better for me since my switch. Definitely going through a shed which I imagine was induced by generic. Unless it’s a seasonal shed? But it’s just odd how I done 16 months or so on Propecia and it was consistent and all of a sudden I’m noticing more hair loss in the shower and less density after 6 weeks on generic fina.

i have read numerous stories where people have switched to generic than suffered loss. I would stick to Brand name you can’t go wrong, a good friend of mine done the same and is now going through a shed, he’s managed to get Brand propecia from the Lloyds pharmacy.

Soundgarden24

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have read numerous stories where people have switched to generic than suffered loss. I would stick to Brand name you can’t go wrong, a good friend of mine done the same and is now going through a shed, he’s managed to get Brand propecia from the Lloyds pharmacy.

Cheers mate, yeah I got brand name through Lloyd’s as well. Feel 10x better now in my head knowing that I am no longer going to worry if generic is having an adverse effect.

jazz1

Reaction score
Cheers mate, yeah I got brand name through Lloyd’s as well. Feel 10x better now in my head knowing that I am no longer going to worry if generic is having an adverse effect.

Awesome, my friend just got his from Lloyd’s and very fast smooth shipping.