Help, Everyone In House Are Losing Hair Same Time

Bart20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm from Europe, sorry for my english but I'm here becouse I have really big problem with my hair. It started about 6-7 months ago when I noticed that I'm losing some hair on my head. We live in small house in the village with family (4 person).

When I noticed it I bought some vitamins for hair, but it not stopped it. Next, my sister, mom and dad noticed losing hair too also. From this time we lost like HALF of our hair on FULL BODY, not only head, but whole body hair. It's really depressing... Also I got brother who live in another place but he visited us like 1-2 days per week and he also lost similar amount of his hair on whole body. And then I found on the Internet similar cases and those families had mold in the house.

Then I realized that we have black mold in one of our apartments and we ignored this earlier. It's really black mold, looks like black paint. About 1m2 in corners. And I remember when mold start exist it was about same time when I started losing hair... We removed it like 2 months ago but we are losing hair still... How to stop it? What medical examination should I make? Thyroid is okay, morphology ok, ferritin ok. What else? Please help us, we are really in despair...

Something triggered it and we don't know how to stop it... hair just got thinner, lighter and fall in big amount from whole body, not just head. It's eyebrows, eyeslashes, legs, arms, armpits and whole body. Please help us.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm from Europe, sorry for my english but I'm here becouse I have really big problem with my hair. It started about 6-7 months ago when I noticed that I'm losing some hair on my head. We live in small house in the village with family (4 person).

When I noticed it I bought some vitamins for hair, but it not stopped it. Next, my sister, mom and dad noticed losing hair too also. From this time we lost like HALF of our hair on FULL BODY, not only head, but whole body hair. It's really depressing... Also I got brother who live in another place but he visited us like 1-2 days per week and he also lost similar amount of his hair on whole body. And then I found on the Internet similar cases and those families had mold in the house.

Then I realized that we have black mold in one of our apartments and we ignored this earlier. It's really black mold, looks like black paint. About 1m2 in corners. And I remember when mold start exist it was about same time when I started losing hair... We removed it like 2 months ago but we are losing hair still... How to stop it? What medical examination should I make? Thyroid is okay, morphology ok, ferritin ok. What else? Please help us, we are really in despair...

Something triggered it and we don't know how to stop it... hair just got thinner, lighter and fall in big amount from whole body, not just head. It's eyebrows, eyeslashes, legs, arms, armpits and whole body. Please help us.

Are you renting? If so, call the landlord and inform him of this immediately. there are many, many varieties of mold that are black, it doesn't mean they are the dreaded "black mold" that can kill you. I have been renovating homes for a long time, I can tell you, I have never even encountered this type of mold, because it's very rare. It can exist only in conditions where there is NO air circulation, no sun and lots of constant moisture. If you can SEE the mold chances are it's not deadly "black mold" ...without having to remove drywall, brick, or if you have a really confined crawl space with no air ventilation, and lots of moisture.

-where is the mold?
-HOW did you remove it? even when it's removed, live spores can start new colonies, and be airborne... you need to kill all the spores with a professional mold killer (concrobrium, etc...)

-PLEASE, have your house inspected by a mold expert ASAP! You can probably find one that will give you a free estimate, and you can just get information and pick his brain while he's there.

I am a strong believer that constant exposure to MOLD can cause respiratory issues that CAN cause TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM. It is possible that this is what you have. When you get telogen effluvium, hair loss will start about THREE months after exposure, and continue for SIX months. So, you could irradicate the porblem completely right now, and still lose hair for a while. Once the exposure is eliminated, after the effluvium, your hair should grow back.

Bart20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you renting? If so, call the landlord and inform him of this immediately. there are many, many varieties of mold that are black, it doesn't mean they are the dreaded "black mold" that can kill you. I have been renovating homes for a long time, I can tell you, I have never even encountered this type of mold, because it's very rare. It can exist only in conditions where there is NO air circulation, no sun and lots of constant moisture.
@buckthorn I'm not renting, it's our house, it have like 30 years. The mold was really black like black paint, not just black points, but opaque uniform black color looking as if someone had painted it black paint.

If you can SEE the mold chances are it's not deadly "black mold" ...without having to remove drywall, brick, or if you have a really confined crawl space with no air ventilation, and lots of moisture.
I don't really undestand it. I need to remove brick and demolish walls?

-where is the mold?
Mold was in small dark room where I was sleeping. It was in corners, mostly behind furniture. Pictures below.

-HOW did you remove it? even when it's removed, live spores can start new colonies, and be airborne... you need to kill all the spores with a professional mold killer (concrobrium, etc...)
I used mold killer in spray. First I spray mold few times in few hours averages. I did it really many times before I removed the paint. They say do this only 2 times but I did it like 5 or 6 for sure. Under the paint was okay, mold was only at paint, but I removed also finishing coat (gypsum putty) and some of plaster for 100% sure.

-PLEASE, have your house inspected by a mold expert ASAP! You can probably find one that will give you a free estimate, and you can just get information and pick his brain while he's there.
Ok, I will do this for sure.

I am a strong believer that constant exposure to MOLD can cause respiratory issues that CAN cause TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM. It is possible that this is what you have. When you get telogen effluvium, hair loss will start about THREE months after exposure, and continue for SIX months. So, you could irradicate the porblem completely right now, and still lose hair for a while. Once the exposure is eliminated, after the effluvium, your hair should grow back.
We didn't notice problems with respiratory but I also think it may be TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM.

But alarming thing is that my brother who visited us only 1 time per week also have same problems with full body hair as we all in house. So maybe it's something like bactery or fungal infection that we need to remove from organism, like @whatevr said? Thank you very much for your help.

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/fib4p

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude, it's coming from your roof? or is there a second floor? Get on the roof with some tar, or call a roofer. Get a drywall saw and cut that sh*t out. I seriously doubt that this would result in the very dangerous "black mold"... but mold in itself is never good. Spray is not going to do sh*t... it's saturated all through the drywall. You need to fix the leak, cut the drywall out, let it ventilate for a while and repair.

there are also mold test kits you can get to reveal if there truly are spores in the air. if you're REALLY concerned about the type of mold, after the colonies start to grow on the test kit (petri dish) you can send it in for analysis.

Bart20

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude, it's coming from your roof? or is there a second floor? Get on the roof with some tar, or call a roofer. Get a drywall saw and cut that sh*t out. I seriously doubt that this would result in the very dangerous "black mold"... but mold in itself is never good. Spray is not going to do sh*t... it's saturated all through the drywall. You need to fix the leak, cut the drywall out, let it ventilate for a while and repair.

there are also mold test kits you can get to reveal if there truly are spores in the air. if you're REALLY concerned about the type of mold, after the colonies start to grow on the test kit (petri dish) you can send it in for analysis.
No, it's not coming from roof, its from inside. 5 corners, upper and lower. I think it was very dangerous black mold as we all are losing hair very fast. What else it could be if not the mold? In next week I call for mold expert and will know what type of mold is it and if I removed it correctly. If not, they will.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you all drink tap water it would be worth getting it tested. Maybe there's excess copper causing issues. Or something else.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
If it is something happening to all residents in the home, it absolutely has to be something inside the home or your diet (including the water). I would move as soon as possible. If you cannot, you would need to get your local city/town (or someone) to test both the air inside your home, possibly the walls, and the water. This may not be easy to do, depending on where you live.

Maddy17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look also for new cell towers in proximity, upgraded data routers with new bandwidths in frequency, any new electrical appliances or circuitry which could be giving off EMF. Get a meter and test the house.

James Sarmiento

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there! If you are still loosing your hair after removing the black mold, you may consult a doctor who will guide you and give some treatment for hair removal. Black mold is very dangerous. Removing black mold immediately after detecting is very necessary. Mold causes so many allergies to the body and among all the type black mold is harmful. Few days back my aunt's apartment also got damaged due to mold which was affecting her health. After detecting mold in the house, she has taken the help from mold damage Boca Raton adjuster for filing an insurance claim and getting an insurance money to repair the damage.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
pics where