Help, Do I Need To Start Treatments Or Am I Imagining Things?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my hair kind of long pulled back am I receding? Sometime I feel like it. Please tell me straight....with a beard is about a year ago.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just can't shake the feeling sometimes. This is my hair greasy after one day without showering. Am I worrying over nothing? What Norwood am I? Am I Norwood 1-1.5?

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow thats some thick hair you have there.

your regimen says youre on finasteride so why do you say you need to start treatments?

Your hair is good. With finasteride you will keep this hair for ever as long as you keep taking the pill

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
A bit of temple recession is completely normal as long as it doesn't progress

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
And a patchy beard is usually a sign of low dht or low sensitivity to dht. So I don't think you're receding although I know what worries you but it looks fine.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And a patchy beard is usually a sign of low dht or low sensitivity to dht. So I don't think you're receding although I know what worries you but it looks fine.
So does it look like I have SOME RECCESSION ? or could it be from over brushing my hair back which I do ALOT looking for sign of reccesion.
wow thats some thick hair you have there.

your regimen says youre on finasteride so why do you say you need to start treatments?

Your hair is good. With finasteride you will keep this hair for ever as long as you keep taking the pill
I have it but am currently not taking it....

INT

Reaction score
Don't be an insecure pussy and leave this forum if you are going to make posts like this please. There are men here almost half your age with only 20% of the hair you still have.

In a little more than 6 months you have opened FOURTEEN threads asking about the status of your hair. You must have an awesome life if this issue (which is not even an issue to begin with) bothers you that much

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be an insecure pussy and leave this forum if you are going to make posts like this please. There are men here almost half your age with only 20% of the hair you still have.

In a little more than 6 months you have opened FOURTEEN threads asking about the status of your hair. You must have an awesome life if this issue (which is not even an issue to begin with) bothers you that much
Look I get the I have some bdd and I don't mean to post where others have it worse....but it does cause me to be insecure and I'm always wondering about it. Like I've said my family history is terrible and makes me believe my future is not guranteed. So I'm sorry and I guess like everybody says I don't have anything to worry about sorry.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you truly had BDD and believed you had hairloss you would be taking finasteride, not just holding on to it. Either take it and stop worrying or accept everyone's conclusions that you're not balding and f*** off.

TheMechanic

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, I think a few of the people are being pretty rude, so let me convey the message in a more palatable manner.

You're likely imagining things. Granted, for a lot of us guys with hair loss, we wish we would have caught on a lot earlier than we did, but there has to be at least some evidence of hair loss for us to start thinking about treatments seriously -- and from what I can tell, you've got no hair loss. On the off chance you do have hair loss further down the road, it wouldn't hurt to use Minoxidol pre-preemptively, or even Nizoral shampoo. But I would hold off on taking Finasteride, since not only is it more likely to cause side effects than minoxidil or Nizoral, it's more expensive. If you see any evidence of hair loss down the road, then you should do a re-evaluation, but at this point, you are fine. I see absolutely zero hair loss. At most, you have a tiny bit of natural maturation of the hairline, and I'm doubtful of even that.

That being said, a lot of the people here are being jerks because they see a guy with a head of hair like yours, and think, "Why in the hell is this guy complaining about hair loss, when he has none, and the rest of us are stuck at Norwood 2 and on??" So, are you overthinking and over-worrying? Probably. Should these other posters be jerks? No, they shouldn't.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, I think a few of the people are being pretty rude, so let me convey the message in a more palatable manner.

You're likely imagining things. Granted, for a lot of us guys with hair loss, we wish we would have caught on a lot earlier than we did, but there has to be at least some evidence of hair loss for us to start thinking about treatments seriously -- and from what I can tell, you've got no hair loss. On the off chance you do have hair loss further down the road, it wouldn't hurt to use Minoxidol pre-preemptively, or even Nizoral shampoo. But I would hold off on taking Finasteride, since not only is it more likely to cause side effects than minoxidil or Nizoral, it's more expensive. If you see any evidence of hair loss down the road, then you should do a re-evaluation, but at this point, you are fine. I see absolutely zero hair loss. At most, you have a tiny bit of natural maturation of the hairline, and I'm doubtful of even that.

That being said, a lot of the people here are being jerks because they see a guy with a head of hair like yours, and think, "Why in the hell is this guy complaining about hair loss, when he has none, and the rest of us are stuck at Norwood 2 and on??" So, are you overthinking and over-worrying? Probably. Should these other posters be jerks? No, they shouldn't.
People aren't being jerks because he has a full head. People are being jerks because this guy has at least 2 accounts and posts all the time asking opinions, then ignoring said opinions.

You just wasted your time posting a helpful reply to him to be honest.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you truly had BDD and believed you had hairloss you would be taking finasteride, not just holding on to it. Either take it and stop worrying or accept everyone's conclusions that you're not balding and f*** off.
Well if you look back I did take .25 and .50 for like four months, didn't notice any difference in sheds or anything so I stopped and thinking about just taking it for prevention. So yeah

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you look back I did take .25 and .50 for like four months, didn't notice any difference in sheds or anything so I stopped and thinking about just taking it for prevention. So yeah
Not everyone sheds. Finasteride is literally all about maintenance. Stop wasting yours and everyone else's time posting and maybe research the drug properly?

TheMechanic

My Regimen
Reaction score
People aren't being jerks because he has a full head. People are being jerks because this guy has at least 2 accounts and posts all the time asking opinions, then ignoring said opinions.

You just wasted your time posting a helpful reply to him to be honest.

So, at worst, I spent a minute and twenty seconds typing a reply to someone who has an insatiable appetite for hair loss advice? No big deal on my end.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks I do appreciate your response and understand what your saying...I wouldn't use minoxdil due
So, at worst, I spent a minute and twenty seconds typing a reply to someone who has an insatiable appetite for hair loss advice? No big deal on my end.
Thanks again.....I DO appreciate it.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone sheds. Finasteride is literally all about maintenance. Stop wasting yours and everyone else's time posting and maybe research the drug properly?
I have researched it extensively....so yeah and most people do she'd or notice a reduction in she'd. I obviously have somewhat thick hair so maybe it's just my normal sheds but I didn't notice any different. And I didn't have any sides....so I may just take it to make sure I keep my hair because my dad was way gone at my age and so was my mom's dad. I def do have bdd too so don't tell me I don't or I would not be here posting worried.