[help] Caps And Hair Loss? Possible Connection?

Langsverd

Reaction score
I've been using a cap lately. Tight fitting. And lately my hair line has been receding. What are the chances my recent hair loss could be actually caused by abrasion from the cap?

My hair loss is not in the very front, but more of a widow's peak one. Making the "v" shape sharper.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your follicles very likely have DHT caps squeezing the life out of them

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could pull out hairs that were destined to fall out on their own anyway, but it doesn’t independently cause hair loss. If you are receding the chances it’s caused by the hat are zero.

Langsverd

Reaction score
Yes there is a connection - if you are losing your hair, you are more likely to wear caps

True dat. Though I've been wearing a cap for summer sports like kayaking and speed boating. So I've had it on tight, to prevent it from falling off in the wind.

So my only hope now is Wikipedia, and their article on traction alopecia, saying:

"The lining of tightly fitted safety helmets like those worn for activities such as motorcycling, cycling, skiing and snowboarding are responsible for the constant rubbing and tugging of localised areas of the hair and scalp."

It might be a far fetch. But on top of that, my objection would be why hasn't it fallen off evenly in the front, why is it mostly the high points in the v-shape, if my cap is to blame.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be in denial. Go and get checked and begin treatments if you don't fact have male pattern baldness. Much better outcome. Which is 90% your probability.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this. Genes are very strong. have you tried some Hair loss treatment though? I think it might help you a little, and you should feel the difference. What have you tried so far?

Last edited: