help! brainfog from avodart screwing up my life!

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Emerging Roles for Neurosteroids in Sexual Behavior and Function
http://www.andrologyjournal.org/cgi/con ... l/29/5/524

-------

"Notably, preliminary studies indicate that, as in the rodent, finasteride may increase depression in men as a result of the loss of allopregnanolone (eg, Altomare et al, 2002; Rahimi-Ardabili et al, 2006).

This raises the possibility that lowered levels of the neurosteroid contribute to the reduced sexual desire reported for some patients.

Treatment strategies that take into account effects on neurosteroids and the development of drugs that singularly target neurosteroid biosynthesis may therefore provide superior therapies for patients. "

----------

Treatment options:

"... An alternative approach is to use drugs that specifically increase neurosteroid concentrations. The antipsychotic agents clozapine and olanzapine may improve schizophrenia by increasing brain allopregnanolone synthesis (Marx et al, 2006).

Similarly, the reduction in aggression induced by fluoxetine may be directly caused by increased allopregnanolone levels in the CNS, because the drug is effective at levels 10-fold lower than those that block serotonin reuptake (Pinna et al, 2003). "

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
"my problem however, is the fact that i have exams in two months, and the damned brainfog just simple wont let me study. from the moment i wake up, i have this pressure on my eyes that in turn is what i believe causing a foggy mind.. i can concentrate on reading ..and i forget what i've read within minutes of it. Its this heavy feeling right behind the eyes... i've tried sleeping for different lengths of time, but no matter how much i sleep, from the moment i wake up my eyes feel really heavy and my minds foggy.. i'm not half as sharp as i used to be."

The half-life may have nothing to do with it. It never went away after stopping even seven months later. I also feel much less intelligent than I used to be...

If you're concerned I suggest you post in propeciahelp.com