Help -- Avodart Side Effects?!?

mattam

Reaction score
Hi..

I have been on dutasteride for 3 months. It was fine until last 3 weeks -- I started having trouble falling asleep.

Now even when I feel really tired, I still couldn't fall asleep. Sleeping pills doesn't even seem to be working for me!!!! And because I cannot sleep, now I feel tired all the time during the day.

Has any dutasteride user experienced this?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mattam said:
Hi..

I have been on dutasteride for 3 months. It was fine until last 3 weeks -- I started having trouble falling asleep.

Now even when I feel really tired, I still couldn't fall asleep. Sleeping pills doesn't even seem to be working for me!!!! And because I cannot sleep, now I feel tired all the time during the day.

Has any dutasteride user experienced this?

No. And I think that it is unlikely that a drug you've been on for 3 months would suddenly start to have side effects like the ones you've described. Are you sure that generalised insomnia symptoms do not fit better, or that you haven't been drinking too much caffeine before going to bed. Do you do enough exercise in the daytime?

mattam

Reaction score
hi iamnaked...

I know its sounds wierd. I guess I made this connection from reading another post (and I have been running a survey...pls. see thread). I have come acrossed two people mentioning difficulty sleeping, disrupted sleep.

So, when this happened to me, I link it to Avodart.

I have had insomnia in the past before. What's really wierd this time though, is that it's NOT that I worry about not being able to sleep. It's that I have this dull dizziness/headache (brain fog, whatever you call) starting late afternoon (I generally take Avodart around noon). It continues until the night and I just don't feel sleepy whatsoever....even going on a few hours of sleep each day, I just don't seem to crash.....like what used to happened when I have insomnia in the past....

Anyway....the incidents of people reporting "brain-fog" "light-headed" is quite high on my survey...so I think there maybe a connection...

and the fact that it's only happening now...is I guess like many side effects that show up only when you have been on the drug long enough..